Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stovo

Pandemic Spiral Dynamics Regression

7 posts in this topic

Before the pandemic I was centred around low yellow/high green. I was in a good place with good habits on meditation, diet, excercise, sleep, etc. 

Since the pandemic I seem to be spending far too long in stage orange. I've been obsessing over saving and investing money incase the worst happens. I live in a high income country (UK), so there's no danger of starvation or anything like that and I've managed to keep my job.

Still, I've been fully focused on attaining financial independence to the detriment of my previous good habits of meditation, diet, excercise, and sleep. 

My theory is that I hadn't fully embodied certain aspects of orange, which I needed to revisit. The pandemic, and fear of economic uncertainty was the trigger that caused an unhealthy regression into stage orange. 

I also experienced some low level green, which I had thought I was above previously. For example, I started criticising and judging people at lower spiral levels when they didn't wear face masks, follow social distancing, or having a general disregard for covid rules. 

I would put my regression, therefore, at high orange/low green as opposed to high green/low yellow previously. Roughly a 1 stage regression. 

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar or has some thoughts about this? Is it normal to regress in times of crisis?

After posting this, I realised that my very act of observing and reflecting on my spiral stage is a very yellow thing to do. Perhaps that can bring hope that my regression is temporary, and on a certain intellectual level I still operate at yellow. 

Whenever your survival is threatened significantly, you will tend to regress, especially if you have weak embodiment/grounding.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Yes, I believe I may have failed to fully embody the lower stages. I just watched your talk with Charlie and the reference to you being pissed with your dentist really hit home to me the importance and value of the lower stages in specific circumstances. 

5 hours ago, Michal__ said:

I started being way more orange too.

I’ll have to go full orange now?

Let's be real, we're probably being pulled back to our society's equilibrium. I don't know about others, but for me, it's mostly around making money and securing financial independence. I still think libertarianism is silly, vote left wing, trying to reduce my climate footprint, etc