Followers 0
Preety_India

How to deal with trolls?

42 posts in this topic

This is an absolute must. 

A survival guide. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

There is a post that is directly targeted at me. And I know it. 

I absolutely hate this behavior. 

Do not antagonize me..... How many times do I have to keep saying this?

Leave me alone. 

I'll be looking into strategies into how to avoid trolls here

I'm telling you that this is not a good place. 

I feel absolutely miserable here and for a good reason. 

People are jealous here. They try to attack you when you they see that you're growing. 

I'm telling you man this is true 

I think the whole idea of personal development is wrong. Because one person is doing better than another. 

Why the need to attack someone?

Other than jealousy???

This place is super competitive and I hate that 

It's like everyone is trying to attack one another simply out of biases 

Because they think they need to compete. 

It can be horrible for your development. 

You simply want to work silently 

I think the whole idea of combining personal development and social media is wrong. 

Some people are depressed about their own growth. So they start attacking others who are trying to grow. 

The social media nature of having a public profile destroys the nature of this work. 

Because you're hounded and criticised and put down (only politely ) and this discourages your work. 

There is so much ego battle here, like so much. 

People just battling hardest to prove that they are superior to others. 

How is this helpful?

I'm literally going insane looking at all these ego games of who is superior and who is inferior. 

People are so insecure. 

Why not just focus on what you do. Why attack me and my content?

All that I see on this forum is 

Everyone screaming at each other

I'm better than you 

I'm better than you 

I'm better than you 

I'm better than you

I'm better than you 

It's sickening. 

This problem won't bother me for too long. I'll eventually find a solution for this. It won't be too long. 

I will hop around some gymnastics with the technicalities here and eventually find a solution. 

I do have temporary solutions in mind. 

• One is obviously putting on ignore. 
  • Second - don't argue 
  • Third - use the report option 
  • Tell the person to not communicate anymore 
  • Have clever comebacks 
  • Use the dread emoji 
  • Probably private message the person to not communicate 
  • Ask the person to block you 
  • Many people simply use the ignore option 
  •  

• Have better screening options 
  • Block the person in private messenger immediately.. When a new troll appears 
  • Use deflection technique
  • Do not mention or quote anyone 
  • Do not keep arguing on a thread not started by you 
  • Use "combat " in the middle paragraph while replying to a potential troll.. Do not do it on the top line 
  • Reply to the first comment but don't reply again 
  • Choose specific people to communicate with 
  • Do not feed excess attention to a troll. Know that they thrive on attention 
  • Give a bland reply. Act meh, like you're not impacted. Block mentally whatever trash talk they are doing. Only reply to relevant stuff. Show them your maturity. ☚.. Let them know you're not buying their attacks 
  • Never fall for bait. Avoid any bait-y situation. 
  • If anyone asks for your opinion do not give 
  • If the troll is asking specific questions  then ask them to private message and then draw the doodle. Haha. 
  • Minimize interaction to people who you trust and know 
  • Don't be too attached to the idea of reputation. It's fleeting. If a hater is trying to paint you as a bad person, then others will eventually see through his ruse and confront him 
  • In case of outright attack, report to mods 
  • Know that you have immense personal power. You don't need to feel helpless 
  • Let them not know your weaknesses
  • Gain support. Make your MM palace. 
  • Always remember there will be trolls once you become popular. This is bound to happen. 
  • Most trolls hang around on the visitor list looking to dig into private information that can be attacked. Easy to know who the troll is by keeping an eye on visitor list 
  • Trolls do "hate following." They purposely follow you to read all your content and use that to attack you in the future 
  • Even if your reputation and dignity has been trashed right now by the troll, don't feel threatened. You can build back your reputation with new users. Old users can warm up to you 
  • Try to be in a happy mood. Trolls love to attack when they sense sadness, bad mood or vulnerability in emotional state
  • Don't spend too much mental energy with trolls. Give them a short fitting reply and see the fastest way to avoid them 
  • Trolls are like insects. Like flies on a fruit. You have to immediately place the fruit elsewhere. It's like emergency action 
  • Develop your own Troll Radar.. Detect trolls efficiently and quickly 
  • One good way of detecting a troll, is to see if they write anything personal. This is the biggest indicator of a troll. Troll always write personal stuff  this is because they are obsessed with you and want a reaction out of you. That's why they purposely make things personal. A decent user will keep a conversation less personal. They will stick to the topic. A troll will never stick to the topic despite repeated insistence  from you. Because their agenda is not a decent long chat or conversation, their agenda is to hurt and enjoy a reaction. Their agenda is to slowly build a bully group.. A haters group. A group that will attack you. It's like a bomb that you need to detonate. 
  •  
Edited by Preety_India

• Trolls are drama Queens. They are addicted to starting and stirring up shit for no reason. They simply want to start a fight. There is no intention to have a conversation. When you ask them for a conversation they simply run away.. 
  •  

Depending upon the nature of a troll they can range from mild to lethal.. Your challenges in dealing with a troll can range from easy to hardest. 

I will say severe trolls are third degree trolls.. They take the game to the next level. They will build a bully group.. 

First degree trolls are easy to handle. They will leave you alone after a few disputes. 

How to detect a troll?

When you tell them to leave you alone, they don't leave you alone.. 

They continue to harass despite your frequent requests to be left alone 

Trolls are deeply jealous and insecure people who get jealous of people who are seeking growth. 

Trolls don't like that a person is doing better in their life. 

They want to disrupt a person's reputation, career or a conversation in order to feel better about themselves 

By trashing a person they are convinced that they did a good job. 

Everything that a troll does is based on attention seeking and they use elaborate strategies to make their next attack.. They are always spying on the person who they want to attack

They will generally lurk around a forum as a guest and constantly look up profiles they want to stalk or harass. 

The troll will use your personal content as ammo to attack you. 

@Preety_India anyone that messes with Preety is going down. Ha. Good list.

I know you’re becoming more and more ferocious by the day you wouldn’t need me ;) .

Yeah on one of your points above it’s just because they’re insecure, they’re just trying to present an image of growth rather than being here to grow. Confront them and that image crumbles. Do it with emotional control though because the majority of the time they just want a reaction from you.

If we just focus on bringing our best/authentic selves this place will get better and better by the day.

Edited by ll Ontology ll

@ll Ontology ll so true. 

I'm sharpening my skills in developing healthy boundaries. 

Everyday is a new lesson in this journey. 

I have sufficiently packed my Arsenal but there is always something more to build on. 

Growing healthy boundaries is a must and is an arduous process in the beginning until you get a hang of it. 

Remember your boundaries very well. Always keep mental notes. Enforce your boundaries when the moment is right. 

Be ferocious and self protective. Dragon energy. If you want to survive the ruthlessness and don't wish to be fucked over by people over and over, then build your Arsenal. 

@Lyubov please let me work in silence. I don't want too much attention to my journals. It becomes counter productive 

I appreciate the feedback but it's better to do it in personal messenger or not do it at all. 

I'm only trying to deal with a temporary problem in whatever ways I can. 

Please don't take offense. 

Can you please delete your comment. 

25 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@ll Ontology ll so true. 

I'm sharpening my skills in developing healthy boundaries. 

Everyday is a new lesson in this journey. 

I have sufficiently packed my Arsenal but there is always something more to build on. 

Growing healthy boundaries is a must and is an arduous process in the beginning until you get a hang of it. 

Remember your boundaries very well. Always keep mental notes. Enforce your boundaries when the moment is right. 

Be ferocious and self protective. Dragon energy. If you want to survive the ruthlessness and don't wish to be fucked over by people over and over, then build your Arsenal. 

That’s fantastic advice @Preety_India, will do!

I have to be careful about my troll lust though my violent tendencies towards those I consider “bad” can sometimes get a bit out of hand haha, they’re my violent fantasies I brought up here about a week ago.

A good offing off with the head, the odd ball chopping, making them chew on the bones of goat horns with an intentful glare as glass is being slowly pushed through their eyeballs back in and out, you know, the usual ;) .

Edited by ll Ontology ll

@ll Ontology ll it is always a difficult process in the beginning and then it smoothens out.