Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
K VIL2

Species taking on weird shapes

6 posts in this topic

Did you know Saigas existed?

saiga-3.jpg

They are odd looking antelopes. Their nose helps them filter out dust.

Apparently its survival informs its shape. Please post cool-looking species if you want!

The gerenuk

Leo often posts a picture of a giraffe eating popcorn. I'll call it the popcorn gerenuk

574mqh.jpg

*munching on Bush popcorn. 

The gerenuk, also known as the giraffe gazelle, is a long-necked antelope found in the Horn of Africa and the drier parts of East Africa. 

A pointed snout and long upper lip and tongue allow them to reach foliage among thorny bushes and trees.

The diet of southern gerenuks fills virtually all of their water needs, allowing them to thrive in dry thorn bush or desert habitat.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Lol you think those are weird? You ain't seen nothing yet.

Look at the creatures you find in the deep sea, miles and miles below the surface, where there is no sunlight and the water pressure so high it would easily crush a high school bus into the size of your desk... try to survive in such a place and see how you're shape ends up looking?

Or look at electron microscopic images of insects. It doesn't get much weirder than that, really...

https://www.google.com/search?q=electron+microscope+images+insects 

The scary part is when you realize the only reason we are not this super exotic looking species is because there are none to inform us about their opinion on us.

What is scarier is that you can in the window of a few seconds look at your fellow humans trough a lens which takes away your predisposed aesthetics.

It feels weird to do, but i'm sure it only takes honest belief in how truth are a sum wider then immediate attachment. It helped me realizing it as true what i had only to that point believed.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?