Thought Art

How should I expect it to take for me to live fearlessly?

8 posts in this topic

I've watched these a few times. I think I am starting to get how fear works but lately I have been hit with so many fears I can't handle the suffering anymore....

I have been a fool in the past and now I fear I will be a fool or failure in the future. I would like to become a successful person who is well respected by others. a person a truth. Because of this identity now I suffer a lot of fear. 

I am afraid about what people will say about me if I become successful. I am afraid of success being taken away but I am also afraid of just giving into my fear and not trying to improve me life... I feel trapped in an existential hole.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Pretty much all fear stems from the fear of death. Have a Spiritual Awakening and discover for yourself that death is not even real. Then you realize that there is nothing at all to fear. You can go about your life enjoying the experience, unburdened by any fear, as they wouldn't make any rational sense at that point. 

I think I fear life more than death. I fear having to live a stupid existence.

◭"89"

7 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I think I fear life more than death. I fear having to live a stupid existence.

If you have a Awakening to the truth of your existence, and realized you are God dreaming this life, then the eternal now of your life is a miracle to be marveled at it's beauty. Even the suffering you created for you to enjoy the experience of. It's all a show for you to enjoy. 

@Sempiternity See, that doesn't happen for me. I realize if existence is all the exists it's not really a miracle but just something that is infinitely ordinary. I suffer a lot, I find my awakenings don't see seem to make a long enough difference. I have more work to do. I am just an ordinary person with ordinary problems. Maybe even less than ordinary in some ways.

I do not feel very good at life.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Fear is an outcome of perceived powerlessness

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Fear will always be there unless you are enlightened. Just live life!

Perhaps not letting fear control your life in specific areas is a more of an attainable goal for now then to completely transcend fear. Focus on the areas where fear is crippling your ability to take action and contemplate/question your beliefs surrounding them. You have to crawl before you can walk... Or make a big leap & take psychedelics.