Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gianna

How To Know When There Is A Dragon To Slay

4 posts in this topic

I'm going through a stressful time right now with a client. This client is a part of the work I am trying to get out of, it is not within the business of my Life Purpose which I recently came to after taking Leo's course. However, I am trying to think long term, realistically. I know that I am going to need to make money from other means before my life purpose starts producing income. But anyway, this client I have been working with for over a year now has been pushing me far out of my scope of services the entire time, completely taking advantage of me. I've only recently became super defensive against them– pushing back, rejecting work, drawing lines.

My mind has been lashing out, causing havoc, being dramatic, condescending, etc. But I really do believe that I need to have self-respect, set boundaries, set the right tone for myself (i.e. not sell myself so cheap, get taken advantage of, etc.) I'm wondering if I should fire this client even though it is my highest paying client and the majority of my income. If I do this, I could open up room for working on my life purpose or a potential new client who I do not feel enraged by. Or, if I should just push through, do the work because I've already set up a system with it, save money, and then.. idk? What do you guys think? Is this client a dragon I need to slay? Or is firing a client irresponsible because it is not thinking long term? I'm not pushed up against a wall with finances or anything. I'm thinking of this client in terms of a dragon because I want to slay my attactment to this source of money. However, it also takes a lot of energy getting a new client if I needed to. But who knows maybe one would just come to me. But I don't want to be doing this work anyway!! I want to actualized my Life Purpose. 

Edited by Gianna

I can't tell you what to do, to many variables.

It's been my experience if I walk away from the lower and trust God something better comes along.

Sometimes though one has to hang in there and go the extra mile.

But I will not compromise my integrity.

Hi Gianna, been there, good money, bad clients...in the end the best thing was regaining my peace of mind.

Also as @freejoy  mentioned, something better comes along...look for resilience.

I would try to work it out with the client, or draw it out to build more clients. You might have some people pleasing stuff to work on as well. I use to be a people pleaser in business. People will steal your money, time, etc once the word gets out. Don't be surprised though if you lose clients by not being a people pleaser after initially being one. 

Also, would be up to you to decide what is best. I am not sure of your finances etc. 

Edited by Average Investor