Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alfonsoo

Is there a pivotal point where you transition from being miserable to being happy?

3 posts in this topic

For someone who self actualizes is there a single moment where you could say that now they’re going in the right direction. Where does the awakening start? I know it is more of a gradient but could you point to a single event/moment you could identify as a whole new stage?

Read the text after the first paragraph below this to hear about a significant shift I had yesterday. I already made a thread of this, but it seems relevant to your question. 

I mean each awakening experience is a drastic shift. They all over time lead to a new understanding about what life is. It takes a number of these to really change how you see things. One of the most valuable insights for me has been that the Self designed absolutely everything about your experience of life in an absolutely Perfect way. Awakening experiences (bliss) are kind of like the cherry on top of the sundae (normal life/suffering). If all you had was a giant cherry, you’d probably start seeking the ice cream and other ingredients after a while. The troubles you have are there only to make things even more outstanding. Happiness is great, but I think contentment is a better goal.  Suffering isn’t your enemy. It’s your greatest ally. Rest confidently in that realization, and you will be rather rock solid in your overall acceptance of existence. 

Here’s what I experienced yesterday: 

Tl;dr - Experiencing pain and physical stress, especially as someone with a history of spiritual practice, can serve as a potent catalyst for awakening. Pain and suffering are just as much divine blessings and Love as bliss and “positive” experiences. Today has been the most painful day of my life, but it has also spawned one of my deepest awakenings in an effortless albeit extreme way. 

I was having a follow-up appointment today for my broken toes and foot lacerations from a lawnmower accident last week. It was incredibly painful. I vaped some delta-10 & delta-8 THC on my way to the appointment. THC for me has been just as powerful if not more powerful than any psychedelic I’ve ever taken. One big hit off of my fully legal (federal & state in U.S.) vape pen is enough to surpass or rival 10 tab LSD or 6 gram mushroom trips. I’ve also been pursuing Liberation for about seven years very diligently. 

With that context out of the way, I’ll get into my story. This is the first time I’ve ever used delta-10 THC. I usually always get tired from delta-8 and delta-9 (main psychoactive ingredient in cannabis). It’s supposed to be very energetic and support a more active lifestyle while also being more psychoactive than similar doses of delta-8 which I usually use. 

I started to experience a rise in consciousness rather quickly after trying the delta-10/8 combination. Within 10 minutes, I was closing my eyes and pleasantly surprised with a really deep spiritual connection. As I went to my appointment, this feeling increased at times. During the most painful parts of the appointment when my exposed nail beds were having dried bandages and dressings ripped off of them on my broken toes and I was experiencing a strong reaction to the numbing agent they gave me which felt like my foot was dipped in acid that was simultaneously on fire, I experienced Cosmic Consciousness for the first time. I’ve experienced God Consciousness and many other spiritual states over the past few years, but this was a new facet to me. Rather than the God Consciousness or realization that I was literally the Creator of all existence, I became consciously connected to literally everything there is. It was a truly remarkable and breathtaking experience. I’ve had many experiences with Infinity, but this was very similar to my Infinite Freedom experience described in the video in my signature. 

Quite soon after the Cosmic Consciousness experience, which was actually quite brief, I began to think of other awakenings I’ve had. I was able to recall much of those states I had experienced previously with levels of intense imagination connecting me to the energies felt in the past. This activated a sort of spiritual telepathy/higher chakra connection that I’ve been experiencing and developing for the past several months. At this time, one of the ancient mystics who I’ve found a deep personal connection with and appreciation for, the Sufi Mansur Al-Hallaj, came to my mind. I connected to him through this spiritual telepathy in possibly the most intense instance of this type of experience that I’ve had thus far. This all occurred precisely as I was experiencing really severe physical pain. 

This gave me an insight into how grounding and physical survival has the potential to serve as an incredibly intense spiritual catalyst. There is incredible intelligence in the design of us experiencing what feels like a physical existence. The grounding aspect comes into play when severe pain and physical distress is experienced. It’s one thing to experience a mystical state through psychedelics or meditation in a controlled and comfortable setting, but this is ultimately a one-dimensional experience in many aspects in that the physical world and mode of existence has become somewhat secondary or even irrelevant in many of these experiences. When this type of “higher chakra” experience happens, it’s common to become disconnected from some of the lower chakras or more basic aspects of physical survival. To experience an intense physical distress connecting you to lower chakras/base survival while also having large spiritual and higher chakra awakenings acts in a way in which the awakening experience becomes exponentially enhanced. It became clear to me that Jesus, the Buddha, and many other ancient spiritual adepts, if the stories are true, actually had incredibly deep awakenings due to the way the human body can support higher consciousness states during periods of extreme stress to the physical body/system. The pain experienced during something like Jesus’ crucifixion, Mansur Al-Hallaj’s hanging/execution, and periods of intense and prolonged fasting or other ascetic practices challenged the individuals involved to face some of the absolute deepest survival-based attachments and ultimately experience a letting go and immense catharsis brought about by awakening. 

Later in the day, I took a nap. When I woke up, the numbing agent had worn off completely, and I discovered that the nurse at my appointment had tightened my protective boot to the point that it had severely cut off circulation to my foot. I experienced the same acidic burning pain throughout my entire foot for several hours. It was far more painful than when my foot was actually cut and broken by the lawnmower blade and lasted far longer. I called the hospital which recommend that I immediately go to the emergency room. I called my mom to take me there, but when she arrived the pain had become so intense that I refused to move. I realized that if I moved my foot or took it out of its elevated position that it would be absolutely unbearable. After the first hour of this intense pain, my body began to essentially turn off the pain response/signal. It’s as if my body realized that the pain signal was no longer helping and had become worse than any of my various physical issues and symptoms. 

At this point I experienced an intense euphoria and sense of peace. I began to look toward death in the most positive and accepting way. I realized that if I died right there on my couch I would likely be sent to levels of bliss that would be unimaginable even compared to previous awakenings I’ve had. Part of the reason they wanted me to go to the ER immediately is because I’ve been having chest pains, significantly lower blood pressure, light headedness, and other symptoms. The nurse who I spoke to on the phone was worried about the possibility of heart failure or other serious outcomes. Luckily, the situation mostly resolved itself although I’m still experiencing some pain which comes and goes. 

Life always has the potential to astound you at any moment without warning. The unpredictability of this life should never be underestimated. Although less likely for some compared to others, you could go from having a boring day to having a sudden awakening to the deepest aspects of reality while even taking a piss or standing in line for coffee. The most abundant source of this comes for most people through the experience of physical death. Even the spiritually uninterested atheist can potentially become directly conscious of their own Infinite nature as the Totality of Existence without any effort in some cases. Existence is pure magic and Love. What was supposed to be a routine appointment and relatively uneventful day turned into one of the most intense and significant days of my life which has contributed to my spirituality immensely.

Edited by BipolarGrowth

“Any kind of consciousness whatever, whether past, future, or present, internal or external, gross or subtle, inferior or superior, far or near — a disciple of mine sees all consciousness as it actually is with proper wisdom thus: ‘This is not mine, this I am not, this is not my self.’” - the Tathāgata

for me when I started to feel really happy in the silence of meditation. It is the change in which I saw that happiness is by default, it is what is added to what it takes away. it took me many months of constant practice