Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Radu97

Getting my vaccine

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I registered to get my first vaccine dose on monday 10 am. I'll be getting the moderna one. The thing is my parents are highly against this vaccine and are firm believers that the pandemic doesn't exist and that everything is a huge scam to control the population. This is mostly because my mom especially is involved in MLM essential oils and says that with these oils she can protect herself. 

Moreover she is involved in listening to law of attraction lectures from abraham hicks etc and she says that she didn't get covid because she  attracted health and that in her worldview the virus doesn't exist. Moreover she pays hundreds of dollar for a local "guru" who encourages everyone to not get vaccinated and is hand in hand with this MLM doterra essential oils. The thing is she pays a lot of money to get brainwashed by this so called guru who just spreads conspiracy theories like jesus had a brother, you can teleport yourself etc. Moreover my brother who is just 18 started to follow my mom with the essential oils thing and for 3 years is paying a lot of money to go to this guru as well as she is offering "courses for teens." (Another money grab in my opinion). We've had a lot of arguments in the past as she always says that the hospitals are empty and that everything is a scam to control the population and go back to communism. That doctors are paid to drive ambulances empty just to scare the population that there are sick people. LOL

In conclusion how am I the only one in the family supposed to explain that I registred to get vaccinated as everyone is literally against. If I don't tell them and keep it a secret it would cause a lot of discussions and arguing. If I do, it will also cause a lot of discussions and arguing so how should I handle this?

Thanks all and sorry for the long post.

One thing you didn't mention is whether she believes the vaccine is dangerous or used for mind control. If she just thinks the pandemic is a scam and the virus doesn't exist, you have an opening (as long as she doesn't believe the vaccine is dangerous).

People that are immersed deeply into a story often see in opposites and try to put the other person in the opposite position. If someone believes that the pandemic is 100% scam they will try to put an opposing view as the polar opposite (the pandemic is 100% legit). To decrease the polarized energy, I would take a more moderate position and try to stay grounded. For example, I would acknowledge certain aspects of her story. I might say "yea, essential oils have value. The law of attraction has value". As well "yea, the government may be exagerrating". I would then take a "better safe than sorry" position. "I want to get the vaccine, just in case.". Like an insurance policy. The risks are low that I will get into a car accident, yet I still wear a seatbelt just in case. It is unlikely to rain, yet I still bring an umbrella, just in case.

This would only work if she doesn't think the vaccine is dangerous. 

The thing is she says that if I get it I won't be having kids in 10 years due to the side effects. 

Anyway I work in hotels and I have a lot of contact with customers and I want to have a career in top luxury hotels where standards are very high and where I like working in (as I worked before in these type of places)

The thing is if you want to travel and work in other countries the airlines and countries require a negative covid test or vaccine. I'll be going to work in spain in june so. I'm not doing it because I have to I am doing it because I want to. I had the opportunity to get it 1 month ago but due to a lot of arguing with my mom I delayed it but this time I'll do it no matter what.

Lmoa... just have fun with it.  Just tell her the vaccine you're getting is also fake because you made an arrangement beforehand to fake getting a vaccine shot and you're doing it so the cameras at these vaccine clinics can see that you did it and society can finally get off your back about it.

BOOM, checkmate. :D

1 hour ago, Radu97 said:

The thing is she says that if I get it I won't be having kids in 10 years due to the side effects. 

Anyway I work in hotels and I have a lot of contact with customers and I want to have a career in top luxury hotels where standards are very high and where I like working in (as I worked before in these type of places)

The thing is if you want to travel and work in other countries the airlines and countries require a negative covid test or vaccine. I'll be going to work in spain in june so. I'm not doing it because I have to I am doing it because I want to. I had the opportunity to get it 1 month ago but due to a lot of arguing with my mom I delayed it but this time I'll do it no matter what.

In that case, I might downplay it and be like "yea, it's something I gotta do for work and maybe it will help prevent an illness. It doesn't seem like the risks are high".

In general, I would try to avoid putting her on the defensive. And I would make it seem like it isn't that big a deal. I might even play a bit innocent. "Everyone at work is getting it, it doesn't see like a big deal".

I would also keep in mind, that your mother is acting out of love for you. She genuinely believes her delusional thoughts and wants to help you out of love. That can shift the dynamics. . . 

Most of my fam is against it for religious reasons. I got it and haven’t told anyone except my mom, who will keep the secret. If anyone asks, I “was going to work”. Now I joke about it with my liberal cousins and grandmother. 

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com