Lifes2short

Hi Everybody, I Would Like To Get To Know You All Better. What Is Your Story??

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I just want to thank Leo for creating this forum, what a wonderful opportunity we have to be able to communicate with other like minded individuals.

I started getting into personal development about 6 years ago, it all started with something so simple, I decided to join a gym. As a teenager I lacked motivation, never exercised and polluted my body with toxic foods, I had no ambition what so ever. Joining a gym allowed me to learn the value of commitment. I started eating healthy, and slowly cut down binge drinking and drug use, over the years I worked harder, I even discovered a creative side, I found myself choosing themes and topics, artistically manipulating them into poetry then converting them to Hip Hop, so in other words . . . rapping haha. I have left the gym discovering that it wasn't really for me and found myself obsessed with Muay Thai, I am very happy and highly motivated to train kickboxing everyday, I just love seeing a progression, it is important to have a purpose. Anyways I found myself contemplating conventional lifestyle and became bored and unfulfilled with my job being a tradesman which I have done for 7 years now, looking for a way out I found Leo's Youtube channel, it has opened my mind and changed my perception, I am now reading books as well and I am now excited for the future, I want to take on a similar roll to Leo and help other become the best possible people they can become, I see it all around me now and I know I have to preach our philosophies to others, whether it be through powerful words or my music, I will try to cover the widest demographic possible, get my message across to as many people as possible.

I would like to hear from others, I would like to know their visions, there stories and how they got to where they are. Feel free to post your comments below I would love to meet you all :) and remember we have lots of work to do, so lets get started.

Daniel

Hello there Daniel.

You have been into personal development way longer than I have,I barely started at around late November of 2015.

Being a 16 year old who was only looking for simple tips on how to get rid of procrastination or just how to put good habits into place and trying to find some tips on weight loss,discovering Leos channel was a big big eye opener for me.

I was pretty much overweight my whole life,over time I just got horribly sick of it and decided to change completely.I changed pretty much my whole diet, dropping sugar and flour products completely and also exercising everyday.It was a hard move to make but I pushed trough and made it and dropped 10 kg in about 2 months because of my determination,still going with the diet and exercise routine and I don't think I will be dropping it.

Then came the part of being,not really depressed,but rather aimless.I did not know where I should go with my life at all.I sort of knew that languages were the thing for me since I seem to pick up words rather easily and I try to work it as much as I can each day.

I wasn't a bad student neither I am,I just lacked focus and could not find the point of why am I studying the thing that I am studying (that being medicine,slightly different school systems here than in most places.). I will probably be going for something else language related after I finish this medicine high school.

For now I try to limit myself down to a few things that I should change in my life such as studies and such,not such a huge fan of the relationships,yet anyway.The biggest thing I struggle with right now is focus,which I'm trying to sort of with meditation,but of course any tips I can find are greatly appreciated.

I still don't know where this path will take me,but I will keep going,It will work out (confidence).

Of course you being the more experienced one I have big respect for what you have accomplished and I wish you all the best on your journey.

Kind regards.

Since i was 13 i realised how permanant death is and it freaked the shit out of me. I had intense anxiety and lack of purpose for around two years in this time grew some intense social anxiety and depression I have been working through it by myself for almost 10 years (im 21 now) and made many realizations myself about how my psyche worked and made some really good progress. In that time i didnt see any councilers or psychiatrists as I didnt think they would have the answers for everyone and they wouldnt know what was best for me. I also assumed i knew more about how to fix my own problems then anyone else.

After working on my work ethic for about 3 years (I used to be a major slacker now im in university) I began to realise the relaxing effects repetetive tasks such as cleaning or walking would have so i thought I would try out meditation, I looked it up on youtube and found Leo's video. When I began watching Leos videos it was in the christmas period of last year and what he was talking about resonated with me. I had two weeks completely by myself in my flat in which i began meditation and watching a lot of Leo's videos in that brief period of solitude and work I made more progress on my anxiety than I had in the years and years I was working on it myself, now as I carry on with the development the emotions I thought I had lost have almost come back I no longer feel like a spectator in the world I feel as though im part of it I can relate to people like I could almost 10 years ago and all this progress has happened in a short time. 

Really excited to see what progress I can make in the future im fully commited at this point.

@T110E3

Hi there :)

First of all I wanted to say thankyou for sharing your story, very inspiring. I think it is fantastic that you have this sort of mentality and share these philosophies at such a young age. With hard work and manifestation, there is no doubt  you will pave a path of success for yourself, so if I were you I would have a big smile on my face right now, you have your whole life ahead of you, I hope you are excited!!

All I can say is continue to do what your doing, no matter what obstacles and adversity come your way, always be resilient and make sure you remain on this path success, self actualisation, enlightenment, fulfilment, divinity or whatever you want to call it :) In years to come you will look back and be amazed at what you have achieved. Do not stress about relationships yet, that is a whole new path all together, but if you continue on this journey no doubt you will attract the right energy in time my friend.

Have a great day

@Mooders

Hi there,

Thankyou so much for your inspirational story, I am proud of you. Sounds like you have come a long way on your journey to personal development :)

I first realised how real death was when I witnessed my father die of cancer back in 2013, so I have some idea of what you were feeling when you were 13. I realised that I had to create a purpose, this was the only to keep me moving forward and motivated, to keep me smiling, I think it is so important for humans to create a purpose in their lives, people need to have something to work for or to strive for. After watching Leo's videos, they had an exponential effect on my vision and Im so excited for my future, Im glad you are excited for your future too. Keep doing what you are doing and you will watch yourself progress, truly magical :)

Have a great day

6 minutes ago, Lifes2short said:

@Mooders

Hi there,

Thankyou so much for your inspirational story, I am proud of you. Sounds like you have come a long way on your journey to personal development :)

I first realised how real death was when I witnessed my father die of cancer back in 2013, so I have some idea of what you were feeling when you were 13. I realised that I had to create a purpose, this was the only to keep me moving forward and motivated, to keep me smiling, I think it is so important for humans to create a purpose in their lives, people need to have something to work for or to strive for. After watching Leo's videos, they had an exponential effect on my vision and Im so excited for my future, Im glad you are excited for your future too. Keep doing what you are doing and you will watch yourself progress, truly magical :)

Have a great day

Thank you.