Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

The Self Isn't Happiness

23 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@mandyjw

But from a meditating perspective isn't wouldn't I just be seeking objects and sensations and overlooking. Wouldn't it be better to simply rest as awareness and go right to the source rather than try and seek pleasant sensations through thoughts. It seems like that would just perpetuate the seeking self while I try to look for appreciation all the while overlooking awareness. 

Meditation IS sinking into sheer appreciation of awareness and feeling, the Source of what you are. If you don't practice appreciation in everyday life you can't expect to appreciate meditation, likewise meditation enhances appreciation in regular life. You know for yourself the path of least resistance in the moment. You don't shut your eyes while looking at a beautiful sunset because you have the thought that it's an image, and images aren't "real". That's like a fundamental Christian who truly enjoys rock music but won't listen to it and gets a scowl on his face when he hears it playing in the store because he believes that if he lets himself enjoy it, God might smite him for it. There's no God to smite you and there's no overlooking awareness. There's only escaping enjoyment and feeling now because you have the belief that if you deprive yourself of it now, you might be able to still get it later. It makes no sense! 

3 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

One thing i've found helpful is the pointer about how there's nothing wrong with experience. I don't know if it's what you had in mind, but I think one my problems is I have always have this sense of something wrong with me/the world, and on my good psych trips a common theme is always the realization that there is no-thing wrong with experience. I think this points back to inherent no-problemness of awareness

?

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

The peace and happiness longed for is the complete acceptance for each and every experience that seems to arise.

Constantly striving for a better experience in the future seems to hide that freedom, and makes the present moment feel inadequate or less than.

Everything is already whole, complete and perfect but you're too busy looking for something which is already the case.

20190814_152557.jpg

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi