levani

ego backlash after water fasting for 2 weeks

27 posts in this topic

@Michael569 maaad that's the first time i've sen you get use profanity haha doing it more for clean skin and yes i feel you bro, mindset is what i am really developing here and awareness.

12 hours ago, Bogdan said:

What are you talking about Leo? What's wrong with grains and starches?

It makes you gain weight if you eat too much :P 

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard literally everything can cause weight gain if you eat too much of it. Leo stated that they're unhealthy, which made me curious about what or who convinced him of that, so that i can go to that source and figure out myself why did they arrive to this erroneous conclusion.

42 minutes ago, Bogdan said:

@Carl-Richard literally everything can cause weight gain if you eat too much of it.

In theory, yes. However, diet is mostly about finding what's practical. Everybody knows the theory behind weight loss (calories out > calories in). The problem is how to do it in practice. Some foods are easier to gain weight than others. Try eating nothing but carrots and you'll get my point.

One facet of health is about getting just the right amount of each nutrient. Even though the carbohydrates in potatoes aren't exactly poisonous to your body, it's very easy to get too much, and that is unhealthy. So in that sense ("in theory"), it's not really so much about what you eat as how much you eat. But then again, eating the right types of food helps with that "in practice".

@Carl-Richard Potatoes are very nutrient dense and incredibly satiating, so i wouldn't worry too much about that. If someone is worried that eating a bit too many potatoes is going to make them gain weight, then they're probably not moving too much throughout the day.

Eating lower carb when losing weight can curb hunger and cravings and thus leading to more adherence, in SOME people. It's really unproductive to make it sound like everyone should lose weight by going low carb or everyone should eliminate grains and starches.

11 minutes ago, Bogdan said:

@Carl-Richard Potatoes are very nutrient dense and incredibly satiating, so i wouldn't worry too much about that. If someone is worried that eating a bit too many potatoes is going to make them gain weight, then they're probably not moving too much throughout the day.

Maybe, but if you're struggling to lose weight, maybe cut the potatoes. As an example, potatoes have almost 3x more carbs than broccoli. What about eating those carbs in broccoli and see how satiated you'll be in comparison?

@Carl-Richard I wouldn't advise anyone to remove foods just like that. What needs to happen is a very in depth discussion with each individual to find out the exact cause of their struggle. Giving general advice like that is tricky and can be dangerous. 

People who eat a whole-foods, plant-based diet and are struggling to lose weight shouldn't cut out potatoes. They should consult a professional to have their gut checked.