SimpleTruth

Why Do I Give So Much Fuck About Everything?

8 posts in this topic

So I think I over did it with all these zombifying videos about self improvement. 

I'm trying to hard. 

My thoughts seem so real, but I keep reminding myself to be mindful and that it's just one of the possible outcomes.

What really helps me is making music. I stop thinking, I organize all my shit visually but even then its easy to over do it. I have to take breaks otherwise it all goes to shit.

So how can I give less fuck?

Seperate" yourself" from the ego.

Edited by AxelK

@SimpleTruth

Sometimes, people who give a fuck about things have very black and white thinking. I sometimes notice that in me. In school, I am highly focused on getting good grades and I have this tendency to generalize and say either I get these grades or I am a failure. That is very limiting in itself and when people then try to ruin my efforts, I can latch out in anger and fear of the unknown danger of not living up to my expectations. That is something I am working through though and I hope you find these parts in you. These thoughts that are black and white. Look for should statements such as: I should be treated well by others as they are very limiting too and when reality gives you a slap (ie someone tells you some nasty comment) and says fuck you, you get angry and neurotic. So basically it is all about you. Your models and your agenda and the fact that reality does not match sometimes. And when it does not, shit hits the fan.

Fix your beliefs first - preferably try to drop them altogether and live in the unknown. See where that leads you. Let reality be the master and you align with it. Not the other way around and accept reality. That will probably do you good.

@SimpleTruth Same thing happened to me when i found this stuff, you want to know it all, and you want to know it right now. It will take your mind some time to process this. Dont overfill it with to many concepts at ones. We can only focus on one thing at a time.

@Christian dropping beliefs is quite a difficult task. I have been working on letting go of beliefs but I usually still want certain things and for my agenda to match reality. 

How do you let go of believe ?

I personally don't think about belief or none belief,

Everyone on this forum goes through different experiences and emotions in their life, your brain is wired to love/hate - believe/disbelieve whatever it can in order to continue its existence as long as possible whether through reaffirmations, meditations, self awareness ...etc

@John Flores Could not have explained it better! This is exactly whats going on now, I finally got some sleep and processed all this Leo information. A bit easier to tell what sounds ridiculous now and what may have some truth to it :)

@avk123 I dont think the brain will ever stop doing what it does lol. However, to recognize when what is going on is in your head ONLY comes and goes. But you get better at recognizing it and better and better....you get the idea