Epikur

Kings and Generals

20 posts in this topic

Ooooh I love this channel. I think I watched everything 3 fold xD

Here is some supplemental medieval timestamped humor:

Oversimplified is awesome too. xD

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Background music for the Ottoman action:

We should make a featured thread of historical events videos. With strict moderation and objectivity of course.

57 minutes ago, Rilles said:

We should make a featured thread of historical events videos. With strict moderation and objectivity of course.

I don't think this forum cares much for history. The ones who care approach it like a fun action movie.

Edited by Epikur

1 hour ago, Epikur said:

I don't think this forum cares much for history. The ones who care approach it like a fun action movie.

True. Leo should pin point its importance more instead of just saying its a dream. True, we dont have direct experience of history but theres still goldmines of lessons to be learned there. 

27 minutes ago, Rilles said:

True. Leo should pin point its importance more instead of just saying its a dream. True, we dont have direct experience of history but theres still goldmines of lessons to be learned there. 

I think history is mostly liked by conservatives because it is mostly old school tribal competition. Progressives may want to forget big parts of history to be open to create a different world. 

14 minutes ago, Epikur said:

I think history is mostly liked by conservatives because it is mostly old school tribal competition. Progressives may want to forget big parts of history to be open to create a different world. 

Thats not true. Im pretty left-wing and I love history, I just think the left and right view history differently. For example leftists tend to view it through the lens of conflict theory and right-wingers through the lense of struggle for liberty, althoug not always. 

Edited by Rilles

6 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Thats not true. Im pretty left-wing and I love history, I just think the left and right view history differently. For example leftists tend to view it through the lens of conflict theory and right-wingers through the lense of struggle for liberty, althoug not always. 

I am not shure about the US but in general I think the left-wing doesn't care much about it. You see that in this forum. You might be an exception. 

For me conservatives are more tribal and therefore can take lessons from history because they think things did not change much regarding struggle for power but the left-wing feel they can not take much lessons because it shows outdated systems.

Edited by Epikur

Maybe we can turn this into a tiny fun game.

Whenever you watch a historical video:
1.Extract the main lessons from it.
2.Post the video here.
2.Post your lessons as a 1-3 liners.

Edited by Yog

7 hours ago, Yog said:

Maybe we can turn this into a tiny fun game.

Whenever you watch a historical video:
1.Extract the main lessons from it.
2.Post the video here.
2.Post your lessons as a 1-3 liners.

That is a good idea. Let's do it.

Ok I started watching this and tried to get some inspiration about what to write here by checking out the comments. They are so funny. I loughed so hard. Anyway the Ottoman-Portuguese wars seem to be quite a thing. Tiny Portugal was actually a superpower.