Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epikur

Biden Immigration

8 posts in this topic

"Legally they're not supposed to be for longer than 72 days but you're seeing them spend hundreds of hours in these facilities" 

This is cringe bro can you atleast try. 

1 hour ago, Opo said:

"Legally they're not supposed to be for longer than 72 days but you're seeing them spend hundreds of hours in these facilities" 

Maybe it should mean 72 hours

I think Biden deserves some criticism regarding detention facilities on the border, yet it's an improvement over Trump. . . Trump intentionally did child separation and detention as a way to punish asylum seekers and discourage them from seeking asylum. Biden doesn't have an intentional child separation policy and has at least put in some effort to connect families. And there is an infrastructure issue. The border doesn't have sufficient infrastructure to adequately support and process the massive numbers of asylum seekers. And covid has complicated the issue. 

With that said, I can see criticism that Biden is not acknowledging or prioritizing the border crisis.

7 hours ago, Forestluv said:

I think Biden deserves some criticism regarding detention facilities on the border, yet it's an improvement over Trump. . . Trump intentionally did child separation and detention as a way to punish asylum seekers and discourage them from seeking asylum. Biden doesn't have an intentional child separation policy and has at least put in some effort to connect families. And there is an infrastructure issue. The border doesn't have sufficient infrastructure to adequately support and process the massive numbers of asylum seekers. And covid has complicated the issue. 

With that said, I can see criticism that Biden is not acknowledging or prioritizing the border crisis.

Yeah, I am cautiously optimistic that the Biden administration will end up doing a god job at handling this immigration problem and will be better than trump administration with handling immigration overall in the long-run.

Btw, the Biden administration wants to pass a big infrastructure bill for overhauling and upgrading America’s physical infrastructure. Do you think it will get passed?