Gesundheit

Obsession?

14 posts in this topic

The president.

Personally, I've never in my life wanted to be in charge even of a small group of people. It's just too much responsibility to take, and I don't like being responsible unless I don't have any other options. Because responsibility is limiting, and I don't like being limited. I feel a bit weird in this regard.

Why do some people obsess about and fight over that title too much? It seems a lot of people fantasize about becoming in charge of other people, and that seems to cause us all the drama that creates wars and all that nonsense that comes along with it. Even the people who don't really want to take the highest ranks still seem to submit to this hierarchy as if the higher the rank, the better the quality of life. I don't know where that fantasy came from, but from my perspective it seems quite the opposite. I can't imagine a president of any given government who is happy with their life. I would bet that many of them are even living miserable lives, and so are many of the people who are close to them in rank.

Thoughts?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

According to psychologists... power is a slight impulse that we naturally long for. Power has been proven to be a great common desire of man of all different races for all of our time on this Earth. 

Humanity has been evolving socially and economically in the same way for all of our years of existence.. they were driven by power. It is the sole ability that men seek over others to control ones behavior or change a course of events.

President is enjoying his own fo sho lol....His family would be charged $500,000 a year and send the teen only to therapy and a juvenile school.. claiming he needed so called “help.” From this I can conclude that being financially prosperous in our society gives one the power of repaying for their unforgivable mistakes.  Fame and power and money.. My friend. Those are this era's god.

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

28 minutes ago, Someone here said:

According to psychologists... power is a slight impulse that we naturally long for. Power has been proven to be a great common desire of man of all different races for all of our time on this Earth. 

Humanity has been evolving socially and economically in the same way for all of our years of existence.. they were driven by power. It is the sole ability that men seek over others to control ones behavior or change a course of events.

President is enjoying his own fo sho lol....His family would be charged $500,000 a year and send the teen only to therapy and a juvenile school.. claiming he needed so called “help.” From this I can conclude that being financially prosperous in our society gives one the power of repaying for their unforgivable mistakes.  Fame and power and money.. My friend. Those are this era's god.

That's an interesting perspective, and I agree. I want to be powerful too. But I'm still not convinced that presidency grants anyone the kind of power that they (or at least I) want, especially nowadays. I would speculate that maybe a king would enjoy ruling because that would probably mean less work for him (maybe?). But what I imagine a president is like is totally different. Presidency is basically a job that has no end point. There's no clear point at which a president can sit back and relax because they've done everything that needs to be done. Managing a little group on Facebook can be tiring. Now imagine scaling that up to a nation. And not only that, you don't have direct access to management. You manage other people who in turn manage other people, and so on. Let alone the foreign affairs, which are perhaps a lot more complicated and tiring.

I don't know what's so good about presidency. In our modern world, money = power. You don't need to be president to access anything. You only need money. It perplexes me that someone very rich like Trump even wanted to be president. I mean what did that add to him? What did he have not before being president? And what did he lose after losing the elections? I can't think of anything tangible. Maybe it's all in his head after all?

32 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The other side of that duality is responsibility is liberating and empowering.

How?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Gesundheit

Without identity / thought attachment, and therefore without equating responsibility to how one feels in the sense, one feels not great due to responsibility. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Gesundheit

Without identity / thought attachment, and therefore without equating responsibility to how one feels in the sense, one feels not great due to responsibility. 

Hmmm, maybe in some cases, but not always?

For me, if I would have to be on the lookout 24/7 (like how I imagine presidency to be), that would certainly create a physical sensation of stress within my body regardless of how i think about it. I would have to have time to meditate to reduce the stress. But with such a tight schedule (as I imagine), that would be extremely difficult.

Otherwise, and within the human limits (6-10 hours of work per day), I agree.

@Gesundheit

That ‘for me’ is the only actual case. The ‘some cases’, I’d agree we could derive understanding of, but not the factor of the stress. It might be hard to imagine that there is also the experience of more responsibility equating to less stress. 

8 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@GesundheitIt might be hard to imagine that there is also the experience of more responsibility equating to less stress. 

It is hard for me to imagine that. How can 24/7 responsibility reduce stress?

Edited by Gesundheit

@Gesundheit

I don't know. BUT.... 

There are two choices before every human being. Really... it is one either/or choice. The choice is whether you want to live or die.

Each option contains a set pattern of choices included within the base choice as to the personal performance and real meaning of the base choice.

For or against? By answering that question in relation to any individual and the meaning of his/her choices.. you can find whether thet have currently chosen life or death.. if you understand the entire pattern. It is not difficult.. however.. because for or against is a golden ratio reducing every choice to the lowest common denominator.

For life necessarily includes for God.. for truth.. for good.. for right.. for other people.. for peace.. for love.. for cooperation.. for listening.. for freedom.. and for personal responsibilty to act within the parameters God has built into existence.. because they welcome God's guidance.

Just as there are two choices.. there are two types of people. Givers and takers.. humans and beastly.. meek and haughty.. humble and arrogant.. there are those who do not really want to be followers.. but they are shy.. not self assertive and those who want to boldly dominate others. You can see that there are many contrasts like this that help to demarkate the opposing types.  

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Gesundheit

I don't know. BUT.... 

There are two choices before every human being. Really... it is one either/or choice. The choice is whether you want to live or die.

Each option contains a set pattern of choices included within the base choice as to the personal performance and real meaning of the base choice.

For or against? By answering that question in relation to any individual and the meaning of his/her choices.. you can find whether thet have currently chosen life or death.. if you understand the entire pattern. It is not difficult.. however.. because for or against is a golden ratio reducing every choice to the lowest common denominator.

For life necessarily includes for God.. for truth.. for good.. for right.. for other people.. for peace.. for love.. for cooperation.. for listening.. for freedom.. and for personal responsibilty to act within the parameters God has built into existence.. because they welcome God's guidance.

Just as there are two choices.. there are two types of people. Givers and takers.. humans and beastly.. meek and haughty.. humble and arrogant.. there are those who do not really want to be followers.. but they are shy.. not self assertive and those who want to boldly dominate others. You can see that there are many contrasts like this that help to demarkate the opposing types.

I honestly did not understand anything.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

The other side of that duality is responsibility is liberating and empowering.

:x

32 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

It is hard for me to imagine that. How can 24/7 responsibility reduce stress?

That’s pretty much the key right there. The thought 24/7 is a leaving of actuality, or now. That essentially is the difference maker in terms of discord (stress).  No one has ever actually had that experience, but in believing or identifying with the thought it totally seems like it’s actual.  What’s actual is it’s only possible to experience impermanence, all things coming and going as experience without any exception, which feels pretty awesome because it points to the truth of that which is eternal experiencing.

@Gesundheit

LOL.

In summary I was saying just like you don't like being responsible.. Some people are naturally gifted they can handle it.. They actually enjoy it and you could say it's a genetic thing. Just like personality types. It depends from person to another. 

-Osho

51 minutes ago, Nahm said:

49 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Gesundheit

LOL.

In summary I was saying just like you don't like being responsible.. Some people are naturally gifted they can handle it.. They actually enjoy it and you could say it's a genetic thing. Just like personality types. It depends from person to another. 

Hmmm, that, at least, I understand.

Maybe I said it wrong earlier. I didn't mean that I dislike responsibility in and of itself. It's just another experience after all. But since it's a highly conscious experience, it requires highly conscious effort, which is so much effort. Just like with heavy weight lifting, I can work out for a certain period of time each day. Some people, like Dwayne Johnson, may be able to work out for longer periods of time, but they still can't work out 24/7. It's humanly impossible. The human body has its limits, and so does the human brain. That's what responsibility basically is like, at least to me. I need to rest and relax my mind and not be always busy mentally in order to achieve ideal performance when required. I would say the maximum number of work hours per day should not exceed 10. I think 6 hours is ideal. And when I say work, I mean real work, like with full attention and focus. Not autopilot, half asleep, unconscious, and half (or even less than half) assed work, which probably explains the low quality low consciousness political leaders we have. I could (maybe?) work like that for 16-20 hours a day, but I wouldn't consider it high quality work. High quality work requires high levels of responsibility. And responsibility requires focus. And focus requires rest.

Edited by Gesundheit