1liamo78

Free will

94 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,  as followers of actualized most of us believe that free will is a complete illusion and our lives are fully determined,  this is also discussed on actualized Leo's video on free will,  so I cannot get past that,  as the more I research the question of free will it seems that there is none, and if this is the case , is there really any point in self actualizing or in believing that we can  change anything about ourselves or teach anyone anything? It's a very pessimistic point but I cannot pretend that it isn't an issue 

God bless 

Liam 

Hello Liam! 

If there is no free will it does not matter if you will decide to do something or not, right? Now you can relax.

Edited by PureRogueQ

@PureRogueQ hi, thanks, I am fully relaxed 

To answer your question,  yes it does matter very much to me, everything about the nature of reality matters to me, and the question of free will is right at the top of the list 

?✌

Who is doing the choosing?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

4 minutes ago, 1liamo78 said:

@PureRogueQ hi, thanks, I am fully relaxed 

To answer your question,  yes it does matter very much to me, everything about the nature of reality matters to me, and the question of free will is right at the top of the list 

?✌

Well, it does not, if you have no free will, you have no free will, simple as that, so question whatever you should do something if there is possibly of no free will is kind of dumb.

You have 2 options, do something in case there is free will, or don't do in case there is free will, there are no options for no free will. 

Edited by PureRogueQ

@Moksha that's a great question, I believe that Leo and everyone else who says free will is an illusion is because of cause and effect like everything else in the universe,  check out free will versus determinism on YouTube 

@1liamo78 It seems to me, that in order for you to choose, begs the question of who you are. Set aside Leo and everyone else, and ask yourself: who are You, to make such a choice?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@PureRogueQ yes it does seem dumb to think about the question of free will,  but I can't think of anything more important,  and many people are very interested in this question also, I could decide to forget about it,  but I'm still hoping to find some evidence that free will exists, and my obsession with the nature of reality doesn't allow me to just forget about it

2 minutes ago, 1liamo78 said:

@PureRogueQ yes it does seem dumb to think about the question of free will,  but I can't think of anything more important,  and many people are very interested in this question also, I could decide to forget about it,  but I'm still hoping to find some evidence that free will exists, and my obsession with the nature of reality doesn't allow me to just forget about it

That is why I am against asking such questions in first place, it just makes people depressed for no reason. 

3 minutes ago, 1liamo78 said:

@Moksha sorry,  to make what choice?

To make any choice. Who is making the choice? Who are You, to be in the position to make a choice, in the first place?

When you realize who You are, of course there is free will. You are creating your own reality. If you are entrapped by the conditioned mind, how could there be any freedom?

More important than asking if there is free will, ask Who is actually choosing. Who are You?

@PureRogueQ I have to tell you that the more you gain insight about reality,  the more unsettling and lonely and sometimes depressed you can find yourself,  but that is mirrored by the gratitude and love you can experience,  truth is truth no matter what the cost, and I say truth lightly as I dont know the truth 

@Moksha we are all trapped by conditioned minds,  I don't know who I am except for what my ego is,  

Do you know who is choosing when you make a decision?

Just now, 1liamo78 said:

@PureRogueQ I have to tell you that the more you gain insight about reality,  the more unsettling and lonely and sometimes depressed you can find yourself,  but that is mirrored by the gratitude and love you can experience,  truth is truth no matter what the cost, and I say truth lightly as I dont know the truth 

Be careful what you wish for, asking to many existential questions trough ego is like asking for trouble, it never gets easy , it gets only worse. 

3 minutes ago, 1liamo78 said:

@Moksha we are all trapped by conditioned minds,  I don't know who I am except for what my ego is,  

Do you know who is choosing when you make a decision?

You are only trapped by your conditioned mind, until you awaken. Your ego is not who you are, as much as it insists otherwise.

Consciousness is the Storyteller, that chooses through you, and through me. Your true nature, as Consciousness, is ultimately free. The character, within the story, is only free to the extent that it realizes its true nature as Consciousness itself.

@Moksha I know what the ego is,  so when you became awake , did you stop behaving and thinking and choosing from the ego mind? 

With respect you dont know how much work and knowledge I have gained and how mindful I am about the ego mind and to what extent I have studied these matters,  

I know all the cliches , but the truth is you cannot escape the ego,  and to claim that you are awake to the truth is an illusion,  

@1liamo78 The free-will illusion is a classic hang-up; it's not easy to resolve it's implications, even when you've become conscious of it. My advice is to accept it and move on. This isn't the most practical truth, but the process of trying to understand it is what counts. Keep wondering.

Every thing that you think and say comes from the ego mind,  including claiming to be awake, pure awareness that is our true essence (possibly) contains no desires, no intelligence,  no beliefs and no ideas, 

So every discussion or comment or desire comes from ego, 

@WonderSeeker thanks bud, that's a very kind and thoughtful response,  we have to move on, but I'm still hoping for some reason to believe that free will is real, it's still a possibility I think,  but yes it's not something that causes me any problems except for some existential reaction,  but I like to see how people react to this question ??✌