Vision

I'm insulin resistant. Don't know what advice to follow.

42 posts in this topic

@Vision  

Can you give a little more infos about yourself?
(you can also dm me if its to private)

weight

lifestyle

meds?

prior diet

exercise 

habits

intolerances / allergies

ever had surgery?

other health conditions?

whats your blood glucose? above 180 g/dl ?

>> Im typing this because youre at a critical spot now, good for you you want to reverse onset insulin resistance, but dont screw yourself up now!! This is delicate 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

@Vision

On 3/24/2021 at 0:36 AM, Vision said:

Yes, I do intermittent fasting. Mostly 16:8 but sometimes 18:6

Yeah, my family also has a history of diabetes which makes me even more concerned. My family has a history of type 1 diabetes including my dad, aunty and grandparents. 

Are you sure you're in ketosis? It usually takes 2-4 days to fully get into ketosis, eating fruit and carbs immediately kicks you out of it. Have you tried experimenting with less than 20g carbs for at least a week or two? If it works for you and you like it more then that's great. 

My current diet is meat organs, chicken, and a lot of vegetables. 10 cups of vegetables and per meal. 

Oats contain lots of lectins, most people with gut issues are sensitive to that from what I've read. 

What are your thoughts on lectins @WaveInTheOcean @Danioover9000

The cooking process removes the lectins from the oats. From my experience, my leaky gut and diarrhea stopped when I slowly transitioned away from my normal breakfast to oatmeal breakfast. And not just oats, but what you mix with them can help or worsen a condition. I used to drink whole milk and had cereal with them years ago, but that contributed to my gut issues. I transitioned to special skimmed milk, and I see for the past 5 years that as a mix, and occasionally use milk alternatives like almond or hazelnut milk, not only correct my gut, but weight loss and muscle recovery as well. I also use peanut butter, butter, sometimes cream, cinnamon, sometimes nutmeg, sometimes cacao powder, and tea honey with hive mix. As a breakfast, so far, my energy not only boosts but is stable throughout daylight. My drink is sometimes tea, sometimes coffee, and lately it's been me mixing the two together, coffee tea, and water throughout the day.

I have also significantly reduced junk foods and micro wave foods.

My lunch and dinners vary with availability, but I try to snack on fruits in between if I can. The only consistent food is the oatmeal I have. I don't know exactly what is inside the oatmeal, but my leaky gut problems went away from eating oatmeal, maybe it's the fiber intake or something specific to the oats I eat, but normally fiber can help, or eating specific types of food. 

I suggest cooking using a steel pan, and if you can try not using the black or chipped black pans, or the micro wave to heat the oatmeal. I sometimes use micro wave or steel pan because I do me.

Of course, it's especially complicated with my body, because growing up my childhood I ate Indonesian cuisine and their typical foods in their culture, mixed in with western junk food like KFC and McDonalds. After moving from there to the UK, I grew up on their typical breakfasts, foods like fish and chips, steak and kidney pudding, while still having some foods from Asia and yes, KFC and McDonalds, only now it's more burgers and pub foods. Oh, and it's here I started eating serials. Also developed a taste for seafood, for prawns and fish. Went to Brazil, had their foods, really loved their meat buffets and seafoods there, Went to America, and it's just all kinds of foods at this point, sometimes larger portions. In terms of foods, I do like the breakfasts, they have variety and some good sized portions, but boy, I wouldn't suggest drinking coffee with orange juice and pancakes together. My food craze settled down around my time in North America, and it's there I started slowly making my diet more cleaner, like reducing the junk foods, drinking more diet sodas and water, stuff like that, about 8 or so years of this slow transition to healthier foods, and the next 5 years here in the UK was the same slow transition to healthier foods,

I don't know, maybe my ancestry involved eating bark or oats of some kind, like wild oats. Probably my genes from both Europe and Asia, or my exposure to so many cuisines my body can handle oats pretty well. Who knows, I know my body is happy. 

Edited by Danioover9000