benny

Mushroom dosing protocol

16 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I've been reading up on the different dose ranges for magic mushrooms (micro, museum, moderate, large, heroic), and all the guidelines I've seen have been in terms of grams consumed. Does anybody have a guide in terms of mg? I bought a chocolate bar and each piece contains 250mg of psilocybin. I'm looking to take a moderate dose. I've done many 3.5gram mushroom trips when I was younger, but I was doing it for recreation, whereas now I'm doing it for personal growth.

I want to take a large enough dose to have a solid trip, but I don't want to overdo it. I'm 5'9 150lbs. I'm thinking of starting at 1500mg and I can increase from there, but looking for suggestions also.

Those doses seem quite a bit off. 1g dried mushrooms generally contain only 10mg psilocybin, so 1500mg would be like 150g dried mushrooms... "way too much." Perhaps the minute psilocin content of the mushrooms contribute significantly to the psychedelic load and that's responsible for the discrepancy? I'd look into that.

250mg sounds like a microdose for mushrooms. So is the chocolate bar 250mg of mushrooms? 

I've had trips using 1g and found a lot of value doing them. If you have the opportunity to select the strain, I recommend Mazaptec. I've also done 2g and 2.5g. I felt at that point it became too difficult to really grasp at down to earth insights, but not enough for mystical insights. 

3 hours ago, The0Self said:

so 1500mg would be like 150g dried mushrooms

@The0Self Bro. That's 1,5g?

@Tim R So 1000mg =1 gram mushrooms? I know that's roughly speaking, because batches vary in potency. 

@Elevated  250mg per piece. The bar contains 12 pieces for a total of 3000mg. So that's roughly 3 grams of mushrooms for the whole bar?

3 hours ago, Tim R said:

@The0Self Bro. That's 1,5g?

You misunderstood. Yes, 1500mg is 1.5g, obviously. There is 1.5g psilocybin in 150g shrooms. Jokes on you, unfortunately. Careful next time in order to keep from looking like a fool. It happens.

7 hours ago, benny said:

each piece contains 250mg of psilocybin

250mg (0.25g) psilocybin is the psilocybin content of 25g dried shrooms. Either that dose is inaccurate or you mistook "psilocybin" for "psilocybin-containing mushrooms." Or they're actually dosed that high... which is pretty much impossibly ridiculous.

I think you can sensibly assume these contain 3000mg of psilocybin-containing mushrooms, not 3000mg of psilocybin. In which case you could probably be best served by taking the full 3000mg, for an insightful experience.

Edited by The0Self

3 minutes ago, benny said:

@The0Self Here's the product. Unless I'm missing something, they're claiming 250mg per piece. Are they misleading their customers?

https://www.organicshroomcanada.ca/product/wonder-psilocybin-chocolate-bar-milk-chocolate/

It clearly says 3000mg of mushrooms. Nowhere does it say 3000mg psilocybin. They are not misleading. 3000mg mushrooms will provide about 30mg psilocybin, and some psilocin as well.

Edited by The0Self

7 hours ago, The0Self said:

Those doses seem quite a bit off. 1g dried mushrooms generally contain only 10mg psilocybin, so 1500mg would be like 150g dried mushrooms... "way too much." Perhaps the minute psilocin content of the mushrooms contribute significantly to the psychedelic load and that's responsible for the discrepancy? I'd look into that.

They may be counting "psilocybin" as the whole mushroom material itself and not just the specific chemical.

3 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

They may be counting "psilocybin" as the whole mushroom material itself and not just the specific chemical.

We worked it out. They actually correctly label it as amount of mushroom material itself -- they don't imply the mg amounts refer to psilocybin content.

Edited by The0Self