Samuel93

Contemplations and questions

12 posts in this topic

If we’re not our body not our mind and just infinite consciousness, what does our infinite consciousness and true self nothingness need the body and mind for?

is conversation purely thoughts from the mind or where does speech and talk originate from?

You need the body to experience yourself as yourself. Which is Love.

I don't know enough to explain in detail the second part. 

On 3/20/2021 at 11:44 AM, Samuel93 said:

If we’re not our body not our mind and just infinite consciousness, what does our infinite consciousness and true self nothingness need the body and mind for?

is conversation purely thoughts from the mind or where does speech and talk originate from?

For the same reason kind of like in a dream, the one consciousness (which is you) creates the entirety of the dream and needs body/minds (i.e. the dream characters) in order to experience it (from various points of view).  While the "conscious awareness" might be from a single dream character (i.e. body/mind) and so the experience and memories and understanding is from the point of view of that dream character...it can not be denied that the whole dream is you.  There is no other in the dream.

Conversation is just Consciousness/Self/Brahman/etc. talking to itSelf.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

On 3/20/2021 at 8:44 AM, Samuel93 said:

Be careful. Yes, ultimately we are not our body, but we are not "just" infinite consciousness in the way you put it. The body is needed to even have thoughts like this. We cannot forget the body and poo poo it like that. 

"You Create Magic" 

22 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Flowerfaeiry

Body & need are thoughts. There’s nobody to poo poo no body.

Yes there is. Tired of people denying these things bc they aren't true in the ultimate sense. Just because I wasn't born, in the ultimate sense, doesn't mean I wasn't born in the relative sense. And as such have the relatively real consequences of having such an experience. 

This teaching should not be used to deny the body or mind like that. 

"You Create Magic" 

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Flowerfaeiry

Not adopting a belief is not a denial of what’s believed. 

That is btw precisely what it means, and not sure what these should’s of teaching is.

?

Saying that the body is "just a thought" does absolutely nothing for most people. It creates disassocistion and confusion. What's the point? Why go there? 

"You Create Magic" 

@Flowerfaeiry

42 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Saying that the body is "just a thought" does absolutely nothing for most people. It creates disassocistion and confusion.

I tend to agree. Though that is what you are saying, and not what I said or am saying. 

Recognizing “body” is a thought is not at all disassociation, nor is it confusing, it’s clarifying because it’s true. Believing the thought “body” is a separate thing or object, (and or identifying with a thought) is utter disassociation and confusion of what is actual, oneness, nonduality, the true nature, and very confusing to the potential of understanding feeling, emotion, & perception. (All intended just as ‘pointers’ here) 

What's the point?  Why go there?

In response to the inquiry in the original post....

Nonduality ‘means’ not two. The questioner is directly asking about the relationship between consciousness and the body and mind, in the sentiment that infinite being needs  or could need the body mind, (and is likely asking because these thoughts feels off)... while there is no such ‘thing’ as a body mind, just the thoughts, ‘body’, and ‘mind’. 

8 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Yes there is. Tired of people denying these things bc they aren't true in the ultimate sense. Just because I wasn't born, in the ultimate sense, doesn't mean I wasn't born in the relative sense. And as such have the relatively real consequences of having such an experience. 

This teaching should not be used to deny the body or mind like that. 

Things are not being denied here. ‘Things’ is a thought, a label. There are not separate things. That is true, and that is being communicated (pointed to) here. The pointing term ‘nonduality’ can also be considered in regard to the idea of a duality of ‘ultimate sense’ and ‘relative sense’. Direct experience is absolutely perfectly consistent (until it isn’t). 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm nevermind lol: )

Edited by Flowerfaeiry

"You Create Magic" 

experience