Fadl

Career in Sales

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

Anyone here is currently working or worked previously in sales? 

I’m trying to pass a sales position interview, I’m curious if anyone here has some experiences regarding that. 

For example what they are looking for exactly? 

And what is the best answer to this following question (how do you respond if the prospect says NO).

Any advices are appreciated.

Thanks!

Only go for it if you have consciously made that decision, and know that it's the thing you really want to do.

I've been in sales for a decent amount of time (~2years) And never ever do I want to go back that route again. You'll get yelled at, sworn at, humiliated etc by potential costumers.

You might end up selling overpriced services/products to people who don't actually need it. They have no idea how to manage their money and just buy everything that sounds good. It's deeply orange and manipulative career path to take. It will change your personality so that you will use sales tactics/manipulation to manipulate your friends/family that might eventually turn you into a icon of stage orange.

@Fadl building report is the whole game. Make a friend first and the sales will follow. Don’t sell anything, you are a resource for information! Learn your product so well that it’s easy to talk about. Also be passionate about what you’re selling. Don’t be pushy or inauthentic and always come from an attitude of wanting to help THEM. Make it about them (the customer) no matter how it effects you. Also don’t be annoying and reaching out to prospects all the time. If you MUST reach out to prospects often don’t make it the same stuff over and over. 

6 minutes ago, meow_meow said:

Only go for it if you have consciously made that decision, and know that it's the thing you really want to do.

I've been in sales for a decent amount of time (~2years) And never ever do I want to go back that route again. You'll get yelled at, sworn at, humiliated etc by potential costumers.

You might end up selling overpriced services/products to people who don't actually need it. They have no idea how to manage their money and just buy everything that sounds good. It's deeply orange and manipulative career path to take. It will change your personality so that you will use sales tactics/manipulation to manipulate your friends/family that might eventually turn you into a icon of stage orange.

Thanks for the advice man, I understand that .. I´m doing it for myself actually .. could you give me some powerful tips to pass the interview?? you have been there sure you understand the recruiters mentality.

8 minutes ago, Meditationdude said:

building report is the whole game. Make a friend first and the sales will follow. Don’t sell anything, you are a resource for information! Learn your product so well that it’s easy to talk about. Also be passionate about what you’re selling. Don’t be pushy or inauthentic and always come from an attitude of wanting to help THEM. Make it about them (the customer) no matter how it effects you. Also don’t be annoying and reaching out to prospects all the time. If you MUST reach out to prospects often don’t make it the same stuff over and over. 

Thanks man! my problem that I was self employed almost my whole life, and for family reasons Im forced to live in europe for some time now .. i never done an interview before. 

@Fadl Considering that you'll just be starting off and have no experience recruiters will be looking at your overall communication skills, how clear do you speak (do you mumble, use a lot of "emmm, uhhh, ummm") Your presentation skills, your voice and intonation. If you get unlucky you might get the "Sell me this pen" test, google it.

EDIT: I still want to highlight that, IF you continue to work on yourself, and eventually tap into stage green and beyond You will regret this decision.

Edited by meow_meow

58 minutes ago, meow_meow said:

Considering that you'll just be starting off and have no experience recruiters will be looking at your overall communication skills, how clear do you speak (do you mumble, use a lot of "emmm, uhhh, ummm") Your presentation skills, your voice and intonation. If you get unlucky you might get the "Sell me this pen" test, google it.

EDIT: I still want to highlight that, IF you continue to work on yourself, and eventually tap into stage green and beyond You will regret this decision.

Thank you again man! I will consider it.

10 hours ago, Fadl said:

For example what they are looking for exactly? 

I've hired sales people before. It's very simple.

They want to know that you can sell.

The very first thing I'm looking for on any candidates resume is if they have a proven track record of sales.

Now, it's possible that someone could have great potential in sales but be unproven. But don't expect the hiring manager to see that. They are looking to take as little risk as possible, especially since if they make a bad hire it could reflect poorly on them.

Convince them that you can sell whatever they want you to sell and you'll be fine.

10 hours ago, Fadl said:

And what is the best answer to this following question (how do you respond if the prospect says NO).

If they actually ask that question, I would just facepalm. There's absolutely no context to that question, so your answer would have to be as general as possible.

Your answer is very helpfull @aurum , thanks!!