ivankiss

Perception, sensation, thought (Reality)

5 posts in this topic

How can something this simple seem so complicated at times?

Unless you are abiding in pure non-dual awareness; these three things are all there is in direct experience.

You can perceive, feel and think. That's all. That's all of Reality.

What are you perceiving? A thought or a sensation.

What are you thinking of? Well, you're most likely thinking of a thought. But you can also think of what you're feeling or perceiving.

What are you feeling? You are feeling what you are perceiving and/or thinking.

I imagine you see how this can be on a loop forever. Until you - in a sense - untangle yourself, and your attention (awareness) expands beyond the boundaries of perception, sensation and thought. 

Then it all collapses into Being. Simple isness.

You no longer see colors, or smell flowers, or feel the wind blowing against your back... You are all of it. You don't even think. You are thought. You don't feel. You are feeling.

I've had these insights/glimpses quite some time ago. But I feel like now they're truly becoming integrated and embodied - if you will. There is a sense of calmness and maturity. Stability.

Things that would have blown my mind completely a few years ago are now something that's simply obvious. Common sense. 

I'm happy about that.

I've seen The Truth from many angles... Sometimes the experience was beyond any imaginable horror. Other times the level of sheer ecstasy was way too overwhelming.

But what I ultimately discovered is that Being (Truth) is centred. It is calm. It knows no extremes. No polar opposites. 

It simply is whole. It is at peace.

The body senses, and the mind perceives. Thoughts and feelings are byproducts of the body and mind. All of them are bound to relative reality. The Buddha compared it to walking through a bazaar, and getting a pinch of this spice, and that, bundling the spices into a unique dish, each of which comprises a particular human being.

Beyond the body and the mind, there is only Consciousness, which created the body and the mind, to experience relative reality. Being is sufficient to itself, and yet, for some reason, Consciousness continuously creates the dualistic world of sensation, and attachments, and eventually, the letting go of attachments, reabsorbing itself into itself.

Lion King, the Circle of Life, on the meta scale.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@ivankiss i am able to perceive images, sounds, thoughs, feelings etc. as one thing if i want to. its a very cool ability to see the duality only if you want. I gained this ability just recently and it blew my mind when i discovered it but its not as intense as nondual states on psychadelics.

@Moksha @AdamR95 Thanks for sharing!

A few more thoughts came to mind;

Infinity cannot be perceived in its entirety, ever. One can only capture a limited portion of it. No matter how big that portion is, it will always be limited. To perceive is a limitation in itself. I heard of this term 'the veil of perception'... sounds so dramatic haha. I like it.

Also wanted to add a few words about alignment. And I guess the simplest way I'd put it is that alignment is when all aspects of your being are on the same page - so to speak. You are in tune with your whole being. You act as you feel, you feel as you think, you see as you are. You are synchronized with your direct experience. Locked in - so to speak. 

Breathing consciously is the most direct way to tuning into your beingness. Centering yourself. Bringing yourself back into the default position - so to speak. You are already always, naturally aligned.