Identity

Third eye visibly open

22 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Tim R said:

Any choleric has larger veins popping out of his angry, wrinkled forehead than the most enlightened yogi. 

Veins do not pulsate, arteries do. Veins are the vessels that bring the blood back to the heart, as opposed to arteries. Arteries pulsate with the heartbeat. Veins are the superficial vessels that you can see with your eyes, arteries are somewhat deeper and you can only feel their pulsation. An angry man who is not really conscious will not likely notice anything until there is pain, so his experiences are basically irrelevant. I mean, because veins could pulsate lightly at a higher blood pressure.

4 hours ago, Tim R said:

@Identity If anything, the third eye is probably the pineal gland, not some little skin bump.

@Gesundheit 

Guys I'm all for open-mindedness and exploring strange hypothesis, but please, let's maintain some level of intellectual hygiene... 

The pineal gland could be the crown chakra, but I'm not entirely sure. I've read once that the third-eye chakra is not a single point, but rather a tunnel that connects the back of the head to the forehead. So it's more likely that the pineal gland is part of the third-eye chakra. The crown chakra is probably the frontal lobe of the brain.

You want to be open-minded, but you don't want to do the research. How convenient? You don't know the difference between a vein and an artery, so you don't have the basics of biology covered. Maybe start with that.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

4 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

My hypothesis regarding chakras is that they're the circulating blood within arteries. The pulsation supports this hypothesis. So, yes, they could be physical nodes or something like that.

I was honestly thinking something similar, the descriptions of chakra reminded me of blood flowing or something, not to mention the apparent physical effects of having "blocked" chakras. You can also notice that each chakra point corresponds to a nerve bundle or major organ.

When you stretch or do yoga, you do tend to feel more lighter, happier, and more energetic. This is probably because of the increased blood flow and hormones. It is very evident that your physical state can hinder your consciousness work, someone who eats healthy will have a clearer mind than someone who eats junk food 24/7. Chakras are probably a similar thing.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho