Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlwaysBeNice

Funny Insight About There Being No Joy In The World

9 posts in this topic

All my life, I have never had attained one moment of lasting happiness. 

All these things I've done in my life all led to nothing : p 

Of course this is obvious when look at what our 'world' is, a hallucination created by your brain arising in your consciousness. And so anything created by the first hallucination is just not real. 

Be glad to be on spiritual path, because it's the only thing that actually bears lasting fruit, becoming who you really are, as a joyful happy peaceful ex-static kid and or boundless blissful consciousness is the only thing that's actually real, and it's lasting, forever. Wow!

10 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

All my life, I have never had attained one moment of lasting happiness. 

All these things I've done in my life all led to nothing : p 

Of course this is obvious when look at what our 'world' is, a hallucination created by your brain arising in your consciousness. And so anything created by the first hallucination is just not real. 

Be glad to be on spiritual path, because it's the only thing that actually bears lasting fruit, becoming who you really are, as a joyful happy peaceful ex-static kid and or boundless blissful consciousness is the only thing that's actually real, and it's lasting, forever. Wow!

I wouldn't say there is no joy in the world. If there is sadness then there must also be joy. It's true that there is nothing in this world that can ever bring any lasting or permanent satisfaction or happiness  because everything is impermanent however this is not to say that we cannot appreciate and enjoy things while they last, including happiness. The trick is to do it with non attachment but of course humans get attached to things very easily and so we end up suffering when we lose what we love.  

The Buddha taught of the three marks of existence - Dukha, Anicca and Annatta or unsatisfactoriness, impermanence and not self.  This is really helpful in understanding the nature of the conditioned world.

He also taught of the three poisons by which we are all affected and which also cause us so much suffering - greed, hatred and delusion.  

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.

Yes, it's a grand manifestation but there is no joy in the world because there is no real world, as it appears in you, and thus you give it all meaning.

nobody is really lost. we can either think that we're lost or that others are lost. anyways, those are simply thoughts, judgments.

let there be freedom.

unborn Truth

16 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Yes, it's a grand manifestation but there is no joy in the world because there is no real world, as it appears in you, and thus you give it all meaning.

Yes it's all subjective however when you live in abject poverty and squalor and sell your own child  into prostitution so you can eat or when your family are blown up in a war or your sister gang raped etc  etc I'm pretty sure it's not going to feel very subjective.   Things happen in the world that cause a lot of pain. Ultimately yes it is up to us how we interpret such things. If we choose to stay stuck and wallow in the pain or if we can somehow integrate what has happened and keep finding a reason to live.  Pain is inevitable but suffering is optional.       I'm not there yet. I'm nowhere near there. Are you?

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.

11 hours ago, Xpansion said:

Yes it's all subjective however when you live in abject poverty and squalor and sell your own child  into prostitution so you can eat or when your family are blown up in a war or your sister gang raped etc  etc I'm pretty sure it's not going to feel very subjective.   Things happen in the world that cause a lot of pain. Ultimately yes it is up to us how we interpret such things. If we choose to stay stuck and wallow in the pain or if we can somehow integrate what has happened and keep finding a reason to live.  Pain is inevitable but suffering is optional.       I'm not there yet. I'm nowhere near there. Are you?

No I'm not there yet. 

19 hours ago, Xpansion said:

If there is sadness then there must also be joy.

Both sadness and joy are subjective experiences. They aren't actually real. If they were, they would be absolute and anything that provokes joy or sadness in one person would also provoke it in every other human. But this isn't the case. What brings joy or sadness to one person doesn't necessarily bring it to another. Therefore these things are only concepts. Abstractions. And they are relative to the 'context' that the perceiver is imposing on to them.

They exist only in the eye of the beholder.

So no, there is no joy, or sadness in the world. Only in the mind.

Edited by FindingPeace

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu