Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deep

Our Identity Is An Illusion

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I just want to share with you some insights. I don't exist and neither do you. Our identity is an illusion because the only thing that exists is Consciousness. I'm not sure how to put this in words because it's the craziest fucking illusion ever. All we can do is experience ourselves. We can never figure out why we're here or what we are by intellectualizing. The paradox of enlightenment is, there is no such thing as enlightenment because we can't escape the human form and we can't experience ourselves in our original form (God). We're kind of like a dog chasing his tail for infinity. Even our concepts of high consciousness, ego, or any other concept we use while in this form doesn't matter. I'm not saying our existence is insignificant, just that it doesn't matter how we live. See you later!  

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

2 hours ago, Deep said:

I don't exist and neither do you.

Our existence is self-evident. The fact that you can write that and I can read that already shows that we exist. That said, the Jiva is unreal (apparently real) in the sense that it is impermanent. Unreal does not equal non-existent. 

2 hours ago, Deep said:

the only thing that exists is Consciousness

And that is what we are existentially. Consciousness is real, the body-mind (Jiva) is unreal, but, to reiterate, not non-existent. And yes, we can know what we are by intellectualizing, we're awareness/consciousness... sorry to ruin the surprise but that's all there is to what we are. 

2 hours ago, Deep said:

The paradox of enlightenment is, there is no such thing as enlightenment because we can't escape the human form and we can't experience ourselves in our original form (God).

There is no such thing as enlightenment because what we are, awareness, is always the light that illumines our experience. There is never a point where awareness is "unenlightened" and then all of a sudden "enlightened." There is no need to escape our human form because what we are is the limitless consciousness which is taking the form of a human. The Jiva is know to awareness and composed of awareness. And there is no separation between this awareness and God. God is not some anthropomorphized being in the sky, it is the same limitless consciousness that is our essential nature. We do not experience consciousness directly because it is not an object, it is the subject. But it doesn't need to be experienced directly in order to be liberated. 

That's deep man. Pass me the joint.

Puff puff pass mthfkr!!!!

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

6 hours ago, Deep said:

Hey guys, I just want to share with you some insights. I don't exist and neither do you. Our identity is an illusion because the only thing that exists is Consciousness. I'm not sure how to put this in words because it's the craziest fucking illusion ever. All we can do is experience ourselves. We can never figure out why we're here or what we are by intellectualizing. The paradox of enlightenment is, there is no such thing as enlightenment because we can't escape the human form and we can't experience ourselves in our original form (God). We're kind of like a dog chasing his tail for infinity. Even our concepts of high consciousness, ego, or any other concept we use while in this form doesn't matter. I'm not saying our existence is insignificant, just that it doesn't matter how we live. See you later!  

This is just your belief. Just another concept. 

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.

Only nothing can see everything, everything can only see nothing. If you want to see everything, be nothing. If you want to see nothing, be everything, or keep striving foe it.

My Philosophy 

Ps: isnt that what they mean by: give up your ego (your everything) aka be nothing and you will see god. Like leo did in his 5 Meo Dmt trip.

But if you keep being something, you cant get what you want, because you want to be in the arms of infinity, you dont want to be infinity - its a quite demanding job i would assume :D:D

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

8 hours ago, OrdinaryAwareness said:

Our existence is self-evident. The fact that you can write that and I can read that already shows that we exist. That said, the Jiva is unreal (apparently real) in the sense that it is impermanent. Unreal does not equal non-existent. 

And that is what we are existentially. Consciousness is real, the body-mind (Jiva) is unreal, but, to reiterate, not non-existent. And yes, we can know what we are by intellectualizing, we're awareness/consciousness... sorry to ruin the surprise but that's all there is to what we are. 

God is not some anthropomorphized being in the sky, it is the same limitless consciousness that is our essential nature. We do not experience consciousness directly because it is not an object, it is the subject. 

You didn't understand what I was trying to say. I am saying that what you "think" about yourself is an illusion. The Jiva is what most people identify with. That part of you doesn't exist. You already are experiencing consciousness right now, but to experience it even more you have to stop thinking too much. What happens when you stop thinking? Your experience of the world intensifies. I know God isn't an anthropomorphic being in the sky, always have known. lol 

I'm simply inviting people to EXPERIENCE their own life more instead of thinking. It's just that simple. 

Everything exists only as a reflection from the dualistic view of self as an experiencer.

To me that's what gives us a godlike aspect. God experiencing itself as a reflection through our imperfect eyes.

In my view a balance must be struck between self and no self. Existence and non-existence. That's where the magic happens. To stand at the very brink between existence and non-existence is the best seats in the house.:)

10 hours ago, OrdinaryAwareness said:

And yes, we can know what we are by intellectualizing, we're awareness/consciousness... sorry to ruin the surprise but that's all there is to what we are. 

The Jiva is know to awareness and composed of awareness. And there is no separation between this awareness and God. 

You contradict yourself when you say this. In order to intellectualize something you have to be able to separate it. Here you say there is no separation between awareness and God. When we become more aware we use intuition not intellect. It's true that we are Consciousness but we have to EXPERIENCE the body and mind. That means the experience of body and mind is not separate from experiencing consciousness. Consciousness is merely UNAFFECTED by our experience. 

3 hours ago, Deep said:

The Jiva is what most people identify with. That part of you doesn't exist.

The Jiva, the apparent person, does exist. It is just not real. There is a distinction there. Not real just means that it is not permanent. There is simply no arguing whether or not the person exists because it is self-evident. What is real (permanent) is the awareness that knows and composes the Jiva. 

3 hours ago, Deep said:

You already are experiencing consciousness right now, but to experience it even more you have to stop thinking too much. What happens when you stop thinking? Your experience of the world intensifies.

Stopping thoughts does not change the consciousness that knows those thoughts. Your experience of the world is only intensifying because you are focusing on something other than your thoughts now, not because the awareness has changed in any way. 

1 hour ago, Deep said:

You contradict yourself when you say this.

I re-read what I wrote multiple times to ensure that I wasn't contradicting myself. I wasn't, you're misunderstanding what is being said. 

1 hour ago, Deep said:

In order to intellectualize something you have to be able to separate it.

False claim. You, awareness, must be present in order for intellectualization to be known. There is no separation between the subject (awareness) and the object (the intellectual thought). The thought depends upon awareness to be known, the awareness is unaffected by the presence or absence of the thought. 

1 hour ago, Deep said:

When we become more aware we use intuition not intellect.

You don't become more of what you already are. You are already aware, this is it, knowledge is used to understand this fact by negating ignorance.