Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

This

28 posts in this topic

I don't know what to think of this person. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I'm talking about Elliott Rodger. 

I had been thinking about this person. 

And I've no idea why I feel empathy towards him even though he is a killer.. 

Ever since I read about him, I cannot take my mind off of this person. He reflects so much of what I think of society. 

To some people he is a killer, to some people he is a hero, to some others he is a loser.  

He is of mixed heritage, half Asian half white guy. 

Although he clearly looks more Asian than white. 

Edited by Preety_India

Yea I'm thinking about Elliot Rodger now. 

He was a half Chinese from Santa Barbara and he shot 7 people and then killed himself. 

At first I only looked at him with disgust as a killer. 

But when I read his autobiography spelled as a manifesto,  I started to feel bad for him. 

His father was a white man and a narcissistic parent who always made him feel neglected and inferior. 

His mom was a diminutive asian woman dependent on the divorced husband's allowances but routinely insulted by him. 

Elliot grew up being bullied relentlessly by his classmates and later people in his dorm. 

His story struck a cord. Because he suffered massive bullying.  

How does the human brain change after being bullied?

He was a loner who felt unloved and hated humanity. I have felt like that many times 

Although of course I'm not going to shoot anyone  but I can understand his rage and anger after being mistreated for years.. 

Somehow all this online abuse constantly reminds me how society can so full of evil and even turns a normally good person into a monster. 

I think he needed love. And if he had received support, he probably would have never done what he did. 

It's heartbreaking how the devil exists among us ready to devour those who are weak and vulnerable

I read this article about one of the victim's dad and it made perfect sense to me. 

Elliott Rodger killed six students and injured 14 others in the University of California at Santa Barbara stabbing and shooting spree last May 23

One of those murdered was 19-year-old Veronika Weiss 

Elliott had written a manifesto revealing he was a virgin rejected by girls

Her father says, ‘The kid was crazy and crazy people do crazy things'

Bob Weiss blames Rodger's father for giving him too much money and not enough supervision. 

In an emotional interview with the Daily Mail, her father Bob Weiss said that he had no ill feeling towards Rodger, who wrote a 137-page manifesto entitled My Twisted World detailing the carnage that he intended to cause. Instead, Mr Weiss turns his anger on his father, Hollywood director Peter Rodger.

Mr Weiss says: ’It came out very quickly that Elliot was mentally ill, and no one chooses to be mentally ill. He only did it because he was mentally ill. I felt sympathy for his situation. He’s a victim, the system didn't protect him, it shouldn't be so easy to get the guns he killed himself with.

But my feelings waiver with his father. On the one hand, I’m sympathetic, I’m a fellow dad who has sons, kids are difficult, but that’s letting him off the hook too easily. 

'They knew he had serious problems, so why did they set him up in Santa Barbara when they lived in LA? Was it to get him out of their hair? That way, they can see him within a two to three hour car ride, but far enough to not just show up at their house?’

Mr Weiss says he has many questions to ask Mr Rodger like why his son was even at college in the first place, as he had stated in his manifesto that he’d dropped out of classes and stayed in his room for months at a time.

Edited by Preety_India

Yes I think about this person 

He has somehow influenced my life.

I think Elliot was a sort of a messenger to humanity that something is deeply wrong with our social culture. 

He was disowned by his dad. 

His dad never showed a hint of love. 

Roger grew up feeling unloved and unsupported. 

This contributed to his dark feelings of misery and frustration 

There had to be an outlet. He was frustrated with the nature of things 

He had no real reason to be there, he wasn't working or even at school most of the time, why was he still getting money, which he then spent on guns?’ he asks.

‘I’ve got another question for Elliot’s father. He gets a $500 a month allowance, that’s not much even for a high school kid, so how did he put together an arsenal of weapons worth thousands? Where was the money for that, who’s looking at the expenses? Was it more a case of giving him the money, just stay up there son, here’s another check for 500 bucks.’

In the aftermath, Mr Rodger promised live on TV that he had a responsibility to make sure this sort of thing didn’t happen again. 

In an interview with Barbara Walters, he said: ‘My duty now is to do as much as I can to try and stop this from happening again. It will be a long journey involving the personal choices of individuals and families, public discussions, mental health reforms, a change in the culture — you name it. 

Mr Weiss had the chance to share the stage in that same interview but turned it down. 

He points the finger at Mr Rodger - who is a professional photographer and assistant director on The Hunger Games - for the loss of his 19-year-old daughter, as he believes he could have done something to intervene.

’The Barbara Walters interview was terrible. They tried to get me on the interview with him, but I said I’m not going to share with this guy. I’m sure he was very much coached by his PR and legal team. 

It was a bunch of softball questions, all set up to make him look good, but, honestly, he’s really to blame for this, Rodger and the cops didn’t stop him when they had the opportunity,’ says Mr Weiss, who works as an account manager for a Los Angeles radio station.

‘The kid was crazy and crazy people do crazy things, there was the opportunity to stop it, he [Mr Rodger] is just another Hollywood bullshitter. He said he was going to do all these things for mental health and I don’t get a sense he’s doing a thing.

Two days before his interview, his wife [Elliot’s stepmother Soumaya Akaaboune] was advertising not only that, but his pictures on Facebook. She said something like: "Peter’s going to be interviewed by Barbara Walters and, oh by the way, here’s a link if you want to check out his photography."

‘I don’t think he gives a s***. Unlike me, he’s probably glad to be rid of that kid. But I had a great kid, the best daughter you could imagine, I miss her every second. His kid was a pain in the ass that he shipped off to Santa Barbara to get him out of his life. He’s probably happy.

‘He’s never sent me a letter of condolence, he’s never sent me a card, he’s never tried to reach out to me. He gave me the creeps the moment I saw him. What does it make you think of the stereotype of Hollywood? Peter Rodger has been on TV saying he was going to do this and that, but what’s he done?’

I'm beginning to grow in ways I can't even imagine. 

I'm able to see what's happening with other beings on this planet.  

I'm able to connect in an ethereal sense. 

I'm able to see other people's pain and it feels surreal. A surreal experience. 

I'm thinking of Paris Hilton right now. 

I just finished watching her documentary. 

And I feel I can relate to all the childhood abuse experience she went through. 

She was barricaded threatened, caged, kept in confinement.. 

And none of her family cared, the way my family never cared. 

She developed trust issues. I developed trust issues as well 

It makes so much sense on the ethereal plane. On this plane you relate to people emotionally and spiritually.. And energetically and psychically. 

I'm able to relate to distant people empathetically. 

I'm developing my potential as a psychic. 

I can sense that Paris Hilton had a very difficult life. It was buried under her persona.. 

She went through horrible abuse at the Provo school and I'm glad she has opened up finally. 

I particularly like this segment where Paris is so directly forthcoming about her abuse. 

Her empathetic energy is infectious. 

La Paris. 

I love her seriousness and magnetic energy.. 

Well Paris taught me a new lesson. 

And it is about psychic energy reservoir - a kind of energy that always keeps giving and comes from a source of abundance.. 

Paris is my new role model. What a woman. 

Ive also learned about energy communication or a communicating energy. A type of energy that communicates healing to the other person. 

Let's this "communicating energy " always repeat positive affirmations to you. 

Another thing that I understood from watching the Paris documentary is that my scattered brain (Paris suffers a scattered brain just like me and now I know why ) is the result of PTSD. 

There are two types of energies - one psychic and another vicious. The third one can be empathetic 

I completely relate to Paris's documentary because the same thing happened to me in different ways. 

It's uncannily similar and I suffer the same effects that Paris suffers from.. 

My personal commentary on all the comments. 

4ztw5z.jpg

Yes PTSD can cause a scattered brain. Thanks for this comment. 

4ztw7l.jpg

Yes. I feel the same. I'm fed up with being controlled. And controlling people shouldn't be in my life. 

4ztw8z.jpg

Yes. Maybe I need to peel off the onion. 

4ztwbm.jpg

Yes definite. My mom is cold and emotionally distant just like her. 

4ztwek.jpg

I hate this. People have this evil habit of calling abused traumatized victims as drama Queens because they haven't been in their shoes. It's no drama for the trauma victim. 

4ztwgd.jpg

Yes exactly. I always keep my stuff close to me as a sense of security.  And so anyway threatening this sense of security sends me into extreme chaos and stress. I don't need to apologize for how I feel. 

4ztwhq.jpg

Obviously when your family is unsupportive and untrustworthy. 

4ztwm3.jpg

Yes to be kind. 

4ztwnh.jpg

Yes it's anomalous to witness that kind of strength. It's phenomenal. 

4ztwr5.jpg

I was made to feel like an unwanted child. It builds up. 

4ztwsb.jpg

Yes you tend to become a people pleaser.  This also happens in enmeshment trauma. 

4ztwtv.jpg

Her sister is quite toxic. Just like my toxic family. They call me insane after driving me to insanity. 

4ztyln.jpg

It's disgusting to expect an apology for being and acting like a victim. 

4ztynd.jpg

Yes. My mom is a horrible person. 

4ztyod.jpg

Yes it's not my shame. It's the shame of the abuser. 

4ztypw.jpg

Hahaha taking a vacation. What a joke.. Mental health doesn't resolve by taking a vacation. 

4ztyuv.jpg

Abuse breaks you. That's the goal of abuse. 

4ztywm.jpg

Yes a lot of abused victims sadly grow around sociopaths. 

4ztyz0.jpg

Yea my mom always took everything I ever said with a grain of salt. She wouldn't listen to my cries for help. Instead she would downplay my struggles. 

4ztz0l.jpg

Yes.  Learn to understand that someone is living in pain and don't judge them for their pain.. 

Edited by Preety_India

4ztz1t.jpg

My voice changes from high pitched to low pitched to baby voice to vocal fry. This happens because you tend to constantly scan the environment and modulate your voice to fit in. 

4ztz6a.jpg

Yes totally agree. I like animals as well and I trust them more than humans.  

4ztz7m.jpg

This is heart breaking. I often had thoughts where I wanted to break free from my cult family. 

I disliked control. 

4ztzbi.jpg

Thank you for this comment. 

4ztzdi.jpg

Yes congrats Paris. 

4zu1ja.jpg

I don't believe that mom either. Abusers and enablers are known to offer a false sense of security. My family does that often. 

4zu1l2.jpg

Paris doesn't need to apologize. The family needs to apologize to her. 

4zu1n3.jpg

Yes my siblings are very mean and condescending.  This variables are often toxic abusive family dynamics. They do victim blaming and shaming. 

4zu1om.jpg

Yes. I also saw money and objects as my security. It's natural to stop trusting people and start trusting objects. 

4zu1qx.jpg

Yes. As victims we often tend to mask our symptoms because vulnerability is not an option. And we are tired of being the victim all the time. Being emotional in public is hard to do given the judgmental nature of the public space. So people most often don't get to see the vulnerable side. 

4zu1ss.jpg

Yes this was what needs to be done. 

Heck.... Just go go go go. 

4zu1u2.jpg

Yesssssss.  My siblings were golden children. I was the rebel. Haha and I was the scapegoat. Typical narcissistic upbringing. 

4zu1vj.jpg

It haunts you like a dark shadow forever. But awareness of your trauma cycle helps. 

4zu1xp.jpg

Yes children of narcissistic parents have to go through hell. They don't know how to say no. 

4zu1zt.jpg

I didn't equate abuse to love. But I couldn't discern abuse because I was so used to being disrespected. Yes I wanted to be loved and I tolerated a ton. 

4zu219.jpg

Yes.  Abusers hardly care about ramifications and consequences. 

4zu22x.jpg

The coat of narcissism is as thick as snow. It's difficult for them to bend at all.  A mountain can change but not a narcissist. It takes a miracle for them to even admit if they did wrong. 

Edited by Preety_India

4zu3fe.jpg

Yes. People often tend to overlook the deeper aspects of a person and focus more on their shallow aspects  

4zu3hi.jpg

Yes. Often people see you for simply who you project. They fail to see the inside you. 

4zu3is.jpg

Yes. I often felt like creating a facade and an exterior that no one could break. But you're still vulnerable. 

4zu3m9.jpg

Yes. Abusers are the worst hypocrites. What they say and what they do are two different things. 

4zu3nh.jpg

Yes you're priceless. Your happiness is a premium. 

4zu3oi.jpg

Sorry to hear about this. It's always the victim. The victims fault. Pathetic victim blaming. 

4zu3ry.jpg

Yes. Me too.  It stems from her horrible narcissistic abuse. 

4zu3tk.jpg

Yes. As trauma survivors we develop a host of defense mechanisms. 

4zu3v8.jpg

This is not a helpful approach. It backfires.  You can't go after abusers directly. You can shut down such places but can't expect abusers to radically change. 

Awareness is the key. Shame the abusers. Penalize them in different ways 

4zu3wm.jpg

Yes. Remember to love the self and be kind to the inner child. 

4zu40j.jpg

Yes. 

4zu3y5.jpg

Hopefully we become more empathetic as a collective species. 

4zu41u.jpg

Yes my bf would often ruin things like my birthdays or achievements or happy days. These are signs of controlling manipulative boyfriends. 

4zu437.jpg

Yes abusers and enablers have zero compassion. 

4zu44p.jpg

I felt helpless and betrayed by my family on many occasions  

4zu52o.jpg

Yes abusers and enablers are cold and narcissistic. 

Edited by Preety_India

4zu53w.jpg

I don't owe anything to the world. Excellent. 

The last statement is powerful. We all need that person who is genuinely nice maybe in different shades of nature.  But that person remains the same 

4zu55h.jpg

Exactly. When I told my family about their abuse, they acted like I was an inconvenience. I was somebody they didn't want to hear about 

4zu56l.jpg

Yes we want to be loved and cared for 

4zu58b.jpg

Yes.  Just because someone is your parent, they shouldn't get to control someone's life. 

4zu59v.jpg

Yes never judge anyone.. 

4zu5b4.jpg

Yes.  Victims of PTSD and child abuse often end up with narcissists because they can't discern abuse from normal. They  normalize abuse. 

4zu884.jpg

Yes peace, trust and genuine love. 

4zu89s.jpg

I suffer nightmares too. 

4zu8df.jpg

Yes.  I've observed, when you are weak and fragile, people are insanely attracted to that fragility, the only problem with attracting such a high volume of people is that a lot of people who want to get cozy with you, are doing that to exploit you and control you and not out of the need to show empathy but out of the need to control. 

That's why a lot of Paris's boyfriends tried to control her. A lot of my boyfriends tried to control me. 

4zu8fa.jpg

Yes. This happens to me. My voice gets louder if I sense a threat or a need to protect myself. 

4zu8gm.jpg

Yes. In almost all cases of abuse, people who enable that abuse tend to respond and pretend like they are clueless. 

4zu8io.jpg

Yes.  We as a society love to cover up and justify abuse. 

But thankfully 21st century is waking up. 

4zu8kq.jpg

Yes. Abusers are hypocrites. Useless rationalizations and justifications by stone cold people. 

4zu8mj.jpg

Yes big time. MJ went through it all.  They act like children later. I tend to act childish. 

4zu8of.jpg

Yes. The inner child healing that I'm working on. 

4zu8qn.jpg

Yes. Abused victims often end up with sharks or controlling people. 

4zu8sa.jpg

Yes my family is like that. Stone cold. It's like talking to a wall. I don't open up to them. 

Edited by Preety_India

@Preety_India I am just wondering from where do you get all these reviews? No offense.

Edited by Yahya