Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

This

28 posts in this topic

Both Elliot Rodger and Paris Hilton are examples of people who came from a bullying abusive family dynamic. 

We tend to act scattered, chaotic, often misunderstood and lead messy lives. 

Complex personalities emerge from complex family environments. 

People subconsciously get attracted to complex personalities. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I'll call myself a complex personality with an unhealed inner child. 

I will shorten it as  CPUIC. 

CPUIC are difficult to understand. It's like trying to understand a difficult childbirth process.. 

We are delicate, fragile, sensitive,  cautious, psychic,  and naturally intuitive. 

I'm imagining how sick the music industry is going to be. Even a hooker is going on the charts and making songs. 

It's that sick tbh. 

Madonna's speech for Aretha Franklin

Aretha Louise Franklin changed the course of my life. I left Detroit when I was 18. Thirty-five dollars in my pocket. My dream was to make it as a professional dancer. After years of struggling and being broke, I decided to go to auditions for musical theater. I heard the pay was better. I had no training or dreams ever ever becoming a singer, but I went for it.

I got cut, and rejected from every audition. Not tall enough. Not blend-in enough, not 12-octave-range enough, not pretty enough, not enough, enough. And then one day, a French disco sensation was looking for backup singers and dancers for his world tour. I thought, 'Why not? I could go back to getting robbed, held at gunpoint, and being mistaken for a prostitute in my third floor walk-up that was also a crack house.' That's right, I'm a rebel heart.

So I showed up to the audition, and two very large French record producers sat in the empty theater, daring me to be amazing. The dance audition went well. Then they asked me if I had sheet music and a song prepared. I panicked. I had overlooked this important part of the audition process. I had to think fast. My next meal was on the line. Fortunately, one of my favorite albums was Lady Soul by Aretha Franklin. I blurted out, "You make me feel." Silence. "You make me feel like a natural woman."

Two French guys nodded at me. I said, "You know, by Aretha Franklin." Again, mm-hmm. They looked over at the pianist. He shook his head. I don't need sheet music, I said, I know every word. I know the song by heart, I will sing it a capella. I could see that they didn't take me seriously, and why should they? Some skinny-ass while girl is going to come up here and belt out a song by one of the greatest soul singers who ever lived? A capella? I said, 'Bitch, I'm Madonna.' No, I didn't. I didn't say that. Because I wasn't Madonna yet. I don't know who I was.

I don't know I said. I don't know what came over me. I walked to the edge of the pitch black stage, and started singing. When I was finished and drenched in nerve sweat. You know what that is, right nerve sweat? They said, 'We will call you one day, maybe soon.' Weeks went by and no phone call. Finally, the phone rang, it was one of the producers, saying. 'We don't think you are right for this job.' I'm like, 'Motherfucker, why are you calling me?' He replied, 'We think you have great potential. You are rough around the edges, but there is good rawness. We want to bring you to Paris and make you a star. Well, we will put you in a studio, with the great Giorgio Moroder.' And I had no idea who that was, and I wanted to live in Paris and I wanted to eat some food.

So, that was the beginning of my journey as a singer. I left for Paris, but I came back a few months later. Because I had not earned the life I was living. It felt wrong. They were good people, but wanted to write my own songs and be a musician, not a puppet. I needed to go home and learn to play guitar, and that's exactly what I did. And the rest is history.

So. You are probably all wondering why I am telling you this story. There is a connection, because none of this would have happened, could have happened, without our lady of soul. She lead me to where I am today. And I know she influenced so many people in this house tonight. In this room tonight. And I want to thank you, Aretha, for empowering all of us. R-e-s-p-e-c-t. Long live the queen.

Another anecdote I would like to share: In 1984, this is where the first VMAs were, in this very building. And I performed at this show. I sang "Like a Virgin" at the top of a cake. And on my way down, I lost a shoe, and I was rolling on the floor and trying to make it look like it was part of the choreography, looking for the missing stilleto, and my dress flew up, and my butt was exposed, and oh my God, quelle horror. After the show, my manager said my career was over. LOL. So. I would now like to present the nominees for the video of the year."

I was talking about Cardi B earlier. I don't like her style and music. 

Being sexually free is one thing and being completely trashy is another 

Can we compare her to Madonna in terms of sexuality? 

Is a black woman's sexuality in more jeopardy than a white woman's? 

I've no clue. 

But I'm not comfortable seeing Cardi B. 

I'm OK watching Madonna though 

Madonna's powerful speech for the Woman of the Year Award. 

Madonna's unedited March speech

"Hello. Are you still awake out there? Are you sure about that? Can you hear me? Are you ready to shake up up the world?

Welcome to the revolution of love. To the rebellion. To our refusal as women to accept this new age of tyranny. Where not just women are in danger but all marginalized people. Where people uniquely different might be considered a crime. It took us this darkness to wake us the fuck up.

It seems as though we had all slipped into a false sense of comfort. That justice would prevail and that good would win in the end. Well, good did not win this election but good will win in the end. So what today means is that we are far from the end. Today marks the beginning, the beginning of our story. The revolution starts here. The fight for the right to be free, to be who we are, to be equal. Let's march together through this darkness and with each step. Know that we are not afraid. That we are not alone, that we will not back down. That there is power in our unity and that no opposing force stands a chance in the face of true solidarity.

And to our detractors that insist that this March will never add up to anything, fuck you. Fuck you. It is the beginning of much needed change. Change that will require sacrifice, people. Change that will require many of us to make different choices in our lives, but this is the hallmark of revolution. So my question to you today is are you ready? I said, are you ready? Say yes, we are ready. Say, yes we are ready. One more time: you're ready.

Yes, I'm angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot of blowing up the White House, but I know that this won't change anything. We cannot fall into despair. As the poet, W.H. Auden once wrote on the eve of World War II: We must love one another or die.

I choose love. Are you with me? Say this with me: We choose love. We choose love. We choose love."

Banners for this journal 

50d2xs.jpg

50d2li.jpg

50d2uv.jpg

50d2sk.jpg

50d3qg.jpg