goldpower123

Anyone know any good news sources?

24 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Peter-Andre said:

@Matt23 That doesn't really make it fair and unbiased. It presents the left, the center and the right as though they are equally valid on every issue. The truth is that right wing media outlets tend to be the least reliable and most biased. Although I have to admit that the website did give me a good laugh when I read the three news headlines on this story and saw the right wing headline. It kind of proves my point.

Edit: Also, the website is listing news outlets like CNN and The Independent as left wing sources, which I think is kind of ridiculous.

Still useful for gaining a rough estimation of biases for articles from sources you may be unfamiliar with. I agree that thier methodology could be improved, and the correlation between Right Wing bias and Low Reliability made more explicit. As long as you're going in with some degree of media literacy it's a useful tool, but I can also see less knowledgeable people drawing false equivalencies from it.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

2 hours ago, DocWatts said:

Still useful for gaining a rough estimation of biases for articles from sources you may be unfamiliar with. I agree that thier methodology could be improved, and the correlation between Right Wing bias and Low Reliability made more explicit. As long as you're going in with some degree of media literacy it's a useful tool, but I can also see less knowledgeable people drawing false equivalencies from it.

@DocWatts I agree. I can see how it can be useful, but I would still be careful with recommending it as an unbiased news source because it strikes me as falling into to the trap of enlightened centrism, I.E. presenting all sides as equal on every issue and always looking for a middle ground on things, even when it's not fair and reasonable to do so.

Search for "Mamadi Fara Camara" who's mediatic treatment was less than fair even on those same medias claiming to educate us against "Fake News"...

The CNN talkshows all day, superb journalism

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?