Gabith

Differences between an Ego Death and Illumination ?

6 posts in this topic

What are the differences between ego death and illumination, how do you know if you had one or another ?

Ego death is a full realisation of the illusion of death. You die, literally. Hence, get fully illuminated on the most fundamental truth in life. So illumination follows ego death. My experience only. 

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

Nothing really dies... it's recognized to have never been.

If you believe there is a ME and an Ego then Awakening hasn't occurred because the ME and the Ego are not separate.

Illumination is just another word for enlightenment or liberation ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

8 hours ago, Gabith said:

What are the differences between ego death and illumination, how do you know if you had one or another ?

In actual ego death (not conceptual) there is a radical recontextualization of reality.  In the direct realization of no self, what you thought you were  - an entity behind the eyes, is revealed to be an illusion.  With that, the duality of Subject/Object, Self/Other, collapses and what remains is pure Being/Isness.   This is a state of samadhi or a non-dual state.  It can be called God Consciousness or Absolute Truth.  Very few have reached such a state.  And actually from this state there are no others so to say very few is of course still a duality - although one may not realize this on that awakening. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

In actual ego death (not conceptual) there is a radical recontextualization of reality.  In the direct realization of no self, what you thought you were  - an entity behind the eyes, is revealed to be an illusion.  With that, the duality of Subject/Object, Self/Other, collapses and what remains is pure Being/Isness.   This is a state of samadhi or a non-dual state.  It can be called God Consciousness or Absolute Truth.  Very few have reached such a state.  And actually from this state there are no others so to say very few is of course still a duality - although one may not realize this on that awakening. 

Nicely put ? ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi