Flowzo

Meditation Is Not Necessary

35 posts in this topic

You are setting the stage for enlightenment to happen. 

Meditation is not a requirement for enlightenment, but that is not a valid reason to slack and not do it.

You want to raise the possibility for enlightenment to occur and meditation will do that. 

9 hours ago, Flowzo said:

Considering this is the forum where the owner said "You cannot follow my channel and not be meditating" I know this will be met with skepticism. I am going to get you to start asking some serious questions.

Why do you want to meditate?

Who is doing the meditating?

Where is the "I" that will inevitably arise to give an answer?

I'm guessing that when you asked those questions no answer was given, and boom there you have it. You are now enlightened haha. When I say meditation is not necessary, I mean that it is not necessary for living a fulfilling and happy life. Mostly because the one who you think needs to be meditating in order to improve itself is exactly the one who is in the way of you achieving that happiness. That "I" is merely a thought fiction that was conditioned in the mind at an early age. It's no more real than the idea of Santa Claus.

You should really give meditation a try. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Phil said:

You should really give meditation a try. 

I have mediated for 2 years straight for 30mins-1hr a day. It does help in the apparent process for sure but I really do not think it is a prerequisite like Leo stresses it to be. I more or less made this post to create a discussion for the other side of the argument and because I was feeling confrontational when this was written.

48 minutes ago, Phil said:

Do you know what you are?

I am nothing. The background for everything to have it's dance in. It's a very dramatic way of saying it but it sounds so nice lol.

you know taking baths is also not necessary

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

1 hour ago, InsidesOut said:

you know taking baths is also not necessary

Necessary for what? From the point of view of awareness nothing is necessary. It's only the self that thinks something is necessary. Now that's not an argument against baths, just pointing out what is true. I know you're poking fun but still.

3 hours ago, Flowzo said:

Necessary for what?

Hygiene

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

Intellectual understanding is not the same thing as deep insight. We can all read a book and think wow yes I get it. But to have deep profound insight into the nature of reality requires effort and practice. For some people it can come suddenly especially as the result of a massive crisis such as it did for Eckharte Tolle but for most of us it requires work.  I have had several awakening experiences in which I have glimpsed the true nature of reality but I am not enlightened.  I don't meditate because I think I need to anyway. I meditate because I experience the benefits it produces.

Edited by Xpansion

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.

Is enlightenment not just the recognition that whatever you are seeing and experiencing is inside of yourself? Rupert gets the listener there so effortlessly through the vortex of the mind. Its like the dog and the human. The bubble inside the dogs head is what he sees feels etc without labeling them. For human, the bubble has become thoughts and labels...

So isnt enlightenment seeing for example the street while you are walking and knowing that all this is happening within you. Like having a thought ? bubble containing what you see and not thinking about this or that or about future and past? And realizing all you feel as to sensations and smells are all already within you, hence realizing you are at least a 4d being and not the human you were mistaking yourself for? 

Asking cause confused ? 

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

52 minutes ago, Dodoster said:

Is enlightenment not just the recognition that whatever you are seeing and experiencing is inside of yourself? Rupert gets the listener there so effortlessly through the vortex of the mind. Its like the dog and the human. The bubble inside the dogs head is what he sees feels etc without labeling them. For human, the bubble has become thoughts and labels...

So isnt enlightenment seeing for example the street while you are walking and knowing that all this is happening within you. Like having a thought ? bubble containing what you see and not thinking about this or that or about future and past? And realizing all you feel as to sensations and smells are all already within you, hence realizing you are at least a 4d being and not the human you were mistaking yourself for? 

Asking cause confused ? 

I'm not sure there is an answer. People can try to answer or explain but its not something that can be understood through thought or reasoning. By the way I'm just repeating what others have said in books I have read.

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.

On 10/10/2016 at 8:55 PM, Dodoster said:

Its simple really. Is he the body? No. Is he the nothingness? Yes. Is nothingness going through a wall right now? (insert anything in place of wall). And there you have it :D

Thats why Sadhguru has said he can go through walls. Like how is it that one can say they are enlightened and then keep identifying as the form they are. I am just saying these things from watching him respond to leos video. He seemed like he has all the knowledge. And yet he still hasnt accepted in reality that he is not the body and that he is limitless.

As he puts it he is nothingness experiencing the sensory based world through the human medium. What he obviously means is that the human medium can not walk through walls not nothingness. Nothingness does not even walk.

4 minutes ago, Rakesh said:

As he puts it he is nothingness experiencing the sensory based world through the human medium. What he obviously means is that the human medium can not walk through walls not nothingness. Nothingness does not even walk.

Nice try, but i said go not walk.

Also it doesnt only have to mean nothingness. If one is supposedly enlightened and knows that he is everything, there are definitely particles or whatevers that go through walls. 

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

Just now, Dodoster said:

Nice try, but i said go not walk.

Also it doesnt only have to mean nothingness. If one is supposedly enlightened and knows that he is everything, there are definitely particles or whatevers that go through walls. 

You said go not walk. That definitely makes what you said make more sense...... We are talking about people not particles by the way. This is why I like naked reality's channel. Enlightenment is about stop lying to yourself not replacing you bs with sexier nonesense.

4 minutes ago, Rakesh said:

You said go not walk. That definitely makes what you said make more sense...... We are talking about people not particles by the way. This is why I like naked reality's channel. Enlightenment is about stop lying to yourself not replacing you bs with sexier nonesense.

But its sexier!

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟