Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UNZARI

Kratom Addiction

6 posts in this topic

Ever since I tried my first energy drink back in the day I loved the effects of stimulants and became interested in drugs in general. In highschool I picked up a coke addiction from a tattoo artist and loved the social abilities it gave me and just the pure energy as I am a mostly quiet and mellow person. But I thankfully got off of coke after a great acid trip after realizing how I had been hurting my family. 
However i had tried kratom once a few years back so once I saw it in a smoke shop in capsules I just had to try it again out of curiosity. The first time trying it I felt extremely talkative, empathetic, and ended up cleaning my room for 5 hours. 
Over the past year it’s slowly become an everyday thing. First I only took it at work for energy, then on special occasions, then when I had downtime, now all day

im obsessed because it’s stimulating like coke but you actually can empathize with others, get shit done, and for me it helps greatly with social anxiety. I also was addicted to hydrocodone before for a short period and it also mimics those effects as well (warm itchy face, warm sedation). I don’t take a ridiculous amount everyday, maybe 7-8 grams tops. But some days I feel gross just constantly pumping this shit down my throat 

Are there any long lasting techniques for addiction? How can I let this go? It feels at this point like it’s apart of my identity 

?❤️

Have you checked out reddit? Some pretty damn motivational stuff and a lot of great advice. Many people who experience the same shit. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/quittingkratom/ 

I suggest you taper your way down. And then when you feel you're ready, you jump. That way you reduce the severity and duration of the withdrawal symptoms. 

Make a plan. Write down your motivations. You have to really and honestly want it, that's the thing. Otherwise you'll keep fooling yourself. Be honest about it. If you don't want to give it up yet, fine, then that's the way it is for you. 

Either keep taking Kratom consciously and deliberately without a feeling of guilt and "I shouldn't do this" or start quitting. There's nothing in between, at least nothing viable. Whatever you do, do it deliberately, that's what I'm trying to say.

Feel free to pm me if you want to talk about thisxD

@Tim R damn that’s real cause honestly right now I don’t know if ive fully gotten it out of my system. I’ve quit maybe 2 or 3 times but always came back just because I can still function on it and it can make me see life in a very interesting way. Thank you I would say more than anything that just helps me not guilt myself, cause yeah I just really like it in this phase of my life. 

I think I will begin to write my motivations down and just contemplate how I want to handle the negatives of the addiction and feel through where I want to go from here.

thank u brother ?

@Tim R jeez and as I’m looking at the Reddit forum just seeing all the people saying how they were tired, not present, and show up to places just to be there perfectly describes me. Sometimes I feel hollow if I’m being honest.

definitely gonna rethink all of this

@UNZARI please give up that product.  It seems like it's ruining your life. 

You need to taper off and quit it forever and never take it again. You can do it. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Hey I do do Kratom 3 days out of the week (the weekend) and I have no problem with addiction ertc., maybe try switching to a schedule like that? 

I do it because it gives me a slight mood boost and motivation when I work on my  hobby projects on the weekend. It doesn't make me social, talkative, impair me or anything like that. I've done coke in the past and Kratom is not even close to being in the same category.

The strength of the Kratom effects for me are maybe slightly above the level of coffee, I see no reason not do drive a car after doing Kratom for example.

If you do it every day you will get mild withdrawal symptoms. I've done 2 weeks straight once and got something like a slight cold for 2 days when I stopped.

Edited by Phyllis Wagner