Chimera

Skipping ego development stages

7 posts in this topic

I watched Leo's video a while back about ego development stages. I think it's great and I can easily identify my thought patterns by how much my ego is involved in it as well as understanding how others see their life.

I do sometimes watch them again, and one thing Leo mentions in his second video I think is ''not skipping steps'' of ego development, you need to go through the ''lower'' stages before understanding the higher ones.

I think I am guilty of trying it. What I mean is I have several issues in my life from the ''material paradigm'' (friendship and love stuff), and I unconsciously think if I understood once and for all that reality is all concept and shapes imagined by ''self'', I could somehow transcend those problems. I wouldn't be afraid of showing myself to others since the only thing I am trying to protect by being scared is my ego:something that doesn't exist. 

Maybe I should ''act'' in the ''material world'' before trying to understand the fabric of reality. No ''survival'' problems means I can better focus on just ''being''.

Because I have trapped myself in a never ending cycle of overthinking for several years now on trying to solve my problems by ''rising my consciousness above those puny problems''. I escape my problems and myself by doing so.  

Don't worry so much about stages, just be with what is true for you right now. Give yourself love, understand who you are as a person, what drives you, what repells you, deeply get to know these things. This will assist you in both domains, trying to grasp the Truth & improving you as a person. 

Being Being doesn't mean you don't go out and get shit done. 

What do you do to "Raise your conciousness above those puny problems"?

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

If you don't exhaust or transcend your lower needs/desires, they will definitely weigh you down as you try to climb higher. Sometimes in disastrous ways.

It's a bit like hitting the gas pedal with your parking break on.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, OctagonOctopus said:

What do you do to "Raise your conciousness above those puny problems"?

@OctagonOctopus I search non-stop in my head for an anwser to somehow prove myself that those problems are illusion with spirituality and I should't worry about them. Sadly, this overthinking does not make those problem go away, I do not ''raise'' over anything. In truth, I seek to escape my problems by telling myself ''my reality is an illusion''.

@Leo Gura Yes!! I can see that now. You can't just read and search how the ego works to transcend it. I need to LIVE it in order to really understand.

Life is your greatest teacher all your other gurus and teachers are supposed to teach you how to be a better student of life

@Chimera

I understand, I have been there. It is important to realize Truth doesn't have anything to do with proof, it has to do with being directly aware with what is so right now. Learning concepts from others can be useful, but real understanding comes from expirencing it for yourself, uncovering it for yourself. Concepts are maps, they may be accurate or not, how do you know unless you see for yourself? 

Notice the emotional charge accoiated with the thinking when you get into an overthinking state, and ask yourself "What is behind this?" sit with it with patience and loving care & realizations will come. Usually it is some belief about how you think things are. Question the belief, wonder where it came from, what its function is, why you are attached to it. 

Are you directly aware that reality is an illusion, or is this just a belief for you?

Is it true that you shouldn't worry when in fact you are worrying? 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

My Yellow and Turquoise insights are here to help me out, to inspire me. It is like a magnet that is pulling me upwards. But that doesn't mean I can skip integration or problems. Or if I skip them I skip them because it is better for me in that phase of my life, and I know that I will come back and  solve them later.

You have to see what is good for yourself... and asking those questions is a good start! It is a balancing game my 

You gonna have to solve this "problems" sooner or later ?

Edited by EddieEddie1995