Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr Here and Now

Is Consciousness In The Brain?!

11 posts in this topic

Ok, So this video states that consciousness is a result of the brain, What do you think? 

no, the real you, aka consciousness, the spirit, the soul, etc. is the entire universe. it is contained within infinitely everything, but it can only be experienced in one body at a time. take a look around with a silent mind, and you will know ;) your physical mind, contained within the brain, is witnessed by consciousness. identification with the physical mind is what leads to people believing that consciousness is contained in the brain. consciousness is infinite, nonphysical, and intangible. 

matter arises out of consciousness, not the other way around. we do not live in a mechanical universe. think of the universe as one giant thought, rather than one giant machine.

i couldn't do the justice of explaining this (non)concept any more, meditate for a while consistently and you shall see your inseparability from everything. 

Edited by SamEuphoria93

30 minutes ago, SamEuphoria93 said:

Take a look around with a silent mind, and you will know ;) 

When I started perceiving the "outside" world without adding any labels to it, from a place of no-thought... I realized everything is the same.

Nothing exists in isolation. I get the "WE ARE ALL ONE" concept now. :)

Edited by Lawrence

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep" - The Internet

just remember that the realization is what counts. not the philosophy. 

sounds like you're on track!

1 minute ago, SamEuphoria93 said:

just remember that the realization is what counts. not the philosophy. 

Yes that's definitely true! =)

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

4 hours ago, Davie said:

Ok, So this video states that consciousness is a result of the brain, What do you think? 

It's impossible to know we "experienced" nothingness. We really have no idea what we experienced before we were born - it's completely pointless to  try comprehend because we never will. 

The video below is worth watching but also take it with a pinch of salt because it is just a viewpoint. However, I find it to be pretty accurate.

Edited by Lawrence

4 hours ago, Davie said:

video states that consciousness is a result of the brain

How the material brain produces immaterial sense of consciousness ? 

The brain is in consciousness, all the thoughts are in conciousness, including all the thoughts about the brain and conciousness and their relation. 

@Lawrence  That video was BETUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing! Most of these motivation type videos are about success, which is why I stay away from them, but the one you shared was amazing!

Edited by Davie

@Davie  I ask this one month ago and Leo said this: Consider the possibility that consciousness constructed the concept of "brain" "neurons""matter"unconscious" everything that is thinkable. So maybe one day we realize that there is Consciousness in the first place.