Huz

Daily Self-inquiry

5 posts in this topic

Do you guys  doing self inquiry whilst say walking or eating or showering etc is helpful? do you do it? So like you ask "who is flossing/shitting/eating?' etc.

Would it be a even more effective technique doing it 24/7 whilst active when away from the cushion

Sometimes it will pop into my head, yes. It's quite a strange thing to zoom out when you're talking to somebody and realise you're not actually controlling the talking...

Founder of The Great Updraft: Articles, Courses + More

www.thegreatupraft.com

On 07.10.2016 at 9:26 AM, Huz said:

Do you guys  doing self inquiry whilst say walking or eating or showering etc is helpful? do you do it? So like you ask "who is flossing/shitting/eating?' etc.

Would it be a even more effective technique doing it 24/7 whilst active when away from the cushion

I do that while falling asleep at night sometimes. I believe, this may give some interesting results. When you do this, you have a chance to see how exactly "you" do not disappear even when the awake mind falls asleep, and your attention automatically starts to switch from normal stronger sense of self to the content of arising "hallucinations" (dreams). When you are falling asleep, you kind of lose control over your mind, but still you can sense some "presence". I believe it is useful to sense presence in very different states of mind.

Although not quite the same topic, I woke up in the night and while half asleep thought, this is  an opportunity to watch my thoughts, and then with in seconds felt the rapid eye movement of my eyes from inside the eyelids and only after a while this bothered me that I shouldn't be doing it or it was some fit, or such like that I abandoned it by opening my eyes. I would have never thought it possible to see the sleeping brain like that. One thing is for sure, although it take many people a long time to get break throughs they really want, here certainly is no other way to gain mastery over your mind.