SamC

Help, I have no idea who I am!

22 posts in this topic

❤❤❤ right back at you@Surfingthewave

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

This is my opinion. You are perfect. You realized something that 99% of the people in the world never question themselves.

Everybody is in the same situation as you, the only difference is that they are not aware of that fact. No one knows who they are.

The problem is that when you realize that, fear appears ... and drives you crazy. You become insecure, etc... why? Because your ego realized that it doesn't exist. And who is in control now? Your ego, so the ego realized that he is not true, so it has not any way to fix that situation.

What I am doing is I construct a new ego under the new discovery. I act normally as before. Remember the old zen saying "before enlightenment chop wood and carry water"... after enlightenment "chop wood and carry water".

You have to continue going on, just try to do a better version of you.

But, to really know yourself you have to do the work. Meditate, investigate, read, follow your intuition and try to be in touch more with the part of you that is more intuitive.

Meditation helps to separate yourself from the thoughts and get more in touch with your trueself, not so much with the ego. The ego is a thought. And thoughts are what drive us crazy... sometimes.

I found mindful meditation very helpful to understand better our thoughts and separate myself from negative ones and be more and more in touch with the trueself, that is our essence.

If you need an example check Leo video about mindful meditation.

After sometime of working and contemplating you will have insights and maybe you become enlightened. That's when you finally will know who yo are.

And you will just BE what you are, not act like the ego does.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16