Trayambakam

Third eye a distraction or an opening ?

6 posts in this topic

After an online retreat, I opened up my 'third eye chakra'. 

I can consciously breathe into this space, expanding and intensifying.  

I feel I'm close to my first non-dual breakthrough, this opening has brought me to thought-free meditation. 

I'm between thoughts that this third eye sensation is a distraction vs an opening I should deepen into. 

I'm hoping someone reading will know if either of these is true?

Thanks

It’s a distraction if you get distracted by it ;)

Try to remove all labels you assign to it, like it’s name, function, whether it’s a help or a hindrance, etc. Just experience it as it is and you’ll know whether to deepen it or leave it alone.

2 hours ago, Trayambakam said:

I'm between thoughts that this third eye sensation is a distraction vs an opening I should deepen into. 

Thought says sensation is a distraction, thought says sensation is good or bad. Sensation never says that. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

16 hours ago, SonataAllegro said:

It’s a distraction if you get distracted by it ;)

Try to remove all labels you assign to it, like it’s name, function, whether it’s a help or a hindrance, etc. Just experience it as it is and you’ll know whether to deepen it or leave it alone.

Today the label became magnet. Right or wrong the label of magnet has put me at peace with it.

16 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Thought says sensation is a distraction, thought says sensation is good or bad. Sensation never says that. 

Perfect, thank you