Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ertopolice

Gymnema sylvestre..anyone tried it?

10 posts in this topic

Watched leo's video on supplements from 2014

He mentions this hers for sugar cravings

Anyone has tried it? it reduces sugar levels on blood 

No experience with the herb but great way for sugar cravings is to keep your blood sugar balanced with combining complex carbohydrates with good quality proteins. So avoiding things like white potatoes and pasta. For example a meal such as pasta with tomato sauce is a metabolitc disaster or something like macn cheese. 

Go for wholegrains with some legumes and lots of vegetables.So for example brown rise risotto with chickpeas, mushrooms, lots of vegetables and some seeds. That sort of stuff. 

Also making sure you start your day with good quality breakfast made of some complex carbs , good fats (nuts, seeeds) some fruit, berries and a little bit of some blood sugar balancing spice such as cinnamon or nutmeg.

Anyway long story short sugar cravings are caused by foods that mess up your blood sugar balance wo always look out for adding more plants and good quality carbs. 

Hope that helps ?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

11 hours ago, Preety_India said:

does drinking water play a role in controlling it?

@Preety_India Water does not have calories nor does it require any digestion or insulin release so in that sense probably no. On the other hand, there is something to the old saying that hunger is just thirst in hiding because sometimes drinking can temporarily suppress hunger or sugar cravings so on that end it may indeed have some effect albeit temporary 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 do you think that water can dilute or reduce temporarily high sugar levels? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India temporarily high sugar levels will eventually be processed by your body releasing more insulin, nothing to worry about there. More water will increase the volume of your blood but also increase urine output so I'd say as long as you are hydrated enough, there is no added benefit to drinking more, you'll just end up peeing every 20 minutes :D 

However, if the question was "chronically high blood sugar" as in being prediabetic, that is something to be aware of and to put maximum effort to bring down. 

Just now, Michael569 said:

you'll just end up peeing every 20 minutes :D 

Hehe. 

@Michael569 I still believe that water  can have an impact on sugar levels in the blood although I will need to do some personal experiments with this. 

My friend is a diabetic so ill try to experiment and see what happens. 

56 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

My friend is a diabetic so ill try to experiment and see what happens

Your friends need to take control of her/his diet with the top priority. If they are type 2 Diabetic, reversal is possible, with Type 1 that's a bit more challenging and reversal is probably not possible. Hydration is important but it won't heal them. 

Thanks for ur responses

I eat a balanced clean diet but love the sweet taste of some chocolates, dairies, sugar free chewing gum and would like to get rid of those. Besides of that i do not eat any refined sugars or carbs...so i wonder if that herbs helps with that

Leo states he used it when he was consuming very little carbs a day