martins name

[Technique] Transcend Masturbation by Opening the Pleasure Chakra.

9 posts in this topic

We all seek pleasure. It comes in different forms: sex, passion, creativity, intimacy, friendship. Yes, we hang out with friends for the same reason we masturbate, that's why we say "It's been a pleasure to meet you."

The point of this exercise is to cultivate an inherent sense of pleasure to not have to rely on external sources like masturbation or social acception/people pleasing.

You will also cultivate qualities of the pleasure chakra/second chakra/sacral chakra/swadhisthana like: passion for life, increased energy, ability to deeper connect with people, empathy, tranquility. The muscles in your lower abdomin will relax which will benefit your lower back and bladder.

You can get to a point where by doing this chakra opening exercise you will be floored by the amount of pleasure, healing and motherly embrace you feel. Just like you can feel love emmenate from your chest as your natural state, you can feel pleasure emmenate from your lower abdomen.

You will probably have some resistance to surrendering to pleasure completely. This must be recognized as a dysfunction. Cutting yourself of from happiness is never a wise idea. An enlightened person is perfectly happy, that's the ideal. By saying this I do not mean to endorse masturbation, it wastes energy and sperm. It decreases the amount of pleasure that can be achieved through this exercise. Doing this exercise will give non of the negative side effects of masturbation. I also don't mean to demonize masturbation, it's just an ineffective way to feel pleasure. As you keep practicing this technique you will naturally lose interest for masturbation, no need to torture yourself with extreme abstinence.

This is in essence a tantric technique, used by serious yogis to reach enlightenment through the energetic path. This is the real deal, not just some side dish.

I recommend you do the technique for 30 minutes, or up to an hour, to feel it's full potential, but any time spent on it, even 5 minutes, is positive.

I recommend you take a nice shower before the technique. Water and cleanliness are subconsciously connected with swadhisthana.

Sit or lay down. Deeply relax. Imagine that you are having an orgasm. Produce the feeling in your whole body. Then isolate the feeling of pleasure you feel from it. Pleasure is not inherently sexual so decouple the pleasure from the sexual part of the orgasm. Don't make the energy flow out through the penis like it does during ejaculation. Expand that feeling you your whole body and radiate it from your body. Bathe in it. Surrender to it. Breath deeply and on every out breath feel a wave of pleasure wash over you starting in your lower abdomen and going out to your whole body. Visualize it if it helps. Make the area of origin the area that feels the most pleasurable, this will most likely be the somewhere between just above the hip bone on your stomach and above the first vertebrae in the lumbar spine. (This is the area of swadhisthana.) Dissolve any tension/contraction/blocked energy you feel into pleasure. This should make you feel tranquil. Just like an orgasm there shouldn't be any struggling, the relaxation should be complete. Dissolve yourself in it. Don't contract yourself into it.

Just this will take you far but there are additional alterations you can experiment with:

• Infuse this pleasure with love. This will turn it to more of a healing embrace, which will make it even more healing.
  • Imagine the archetype of the divine mother, an infinitely loving, infinitely wise mother(in no way connected to your material mother). She might take the form of a guru you like or I prefer an avatar made our of radiant, beautiful light, or maybe she is more ephemeral. She loves and embraces you completely, even in ways you are not currently capable of. Now, open up your sense of pleasure towards her. Open yourself up to her embrace. You can visualize her embracing you physically or witch radiant energy targeted at your swadhisthana. Listen to her say the things you wish you heard from your physical mother. "You are completely loved and embraced". "I love you unconditionally". Don't make her say these things. Open yourself up to her communication. Her actions cannot come from your ego, then they would not be coming from the divine mother. Your ego cannot be involved in her actions, that would ruin the purpose of summoning her. However you can ask her things and you will receive. If she ever acts in a way that is less than perfectly loving and wise than that is really coming from your ego and should not be taken as her words. Open yourself up to her to the full extent of your ability.
  • Chant aloud or mentally the word KAM but draw it out along your breath. Feel it vibrate in your lower abdomen and creates pleasure. (This is called bija mantra.)
  • Feel the pleasure emanating from the middle of your head(kutastha, middle of 3rd eye chakra) instead of swadhisthana. (This works since all chakras are reflected in 3rd eye chakra.) It opens the 3rd eye chakra simultaneously with swadhisthana.
  • Do mula bandha(google it) to increase the intensity of the pleasure by increasing prana/energy/life force.
  • If you have an overwhelming amount of energetic blockage, crying therapy could help to let it out.
  • Open up you hip bone. Stretch your lower stomach.
  • Visualize yourself in nurturing water. Water is subconsciously connected to swadhisthana.

These are more like guidelines, don't be strict about them. Whatever works for you is the correct technique. Let your intuition guide you.

Similar techniques can be used for the other first 4 chakras: comfort for muladhara, joy for manipura, love for anahata.

For more information on the swadhisthana chakra, read the chapter in 'Wheels of Life' dedicated it. You can find a pdf of the book online. This will make you aware of the unhealthy mindsets and thought-patterns you have that are keeping this chakra closed.

For more information on techniques for healing chakras i recommend Tara Springett's book The Five-Minute Miracle. This technique is appropriated from her.

Good luck!

Edited by martins name

The road to God is paved with bliss.

I think I came close to something like this (or something akin to it) while meditating a few weeks ago. It was like I discovered I could focus waves of pleasure across my body by focusing on my lower abdomen and imagining orgasmic-type feelings. My reaction was partly "oh this is interesting" and "wtf is this?" since I wasn't expecting to have this kind of experience. I was concerned whether it was an overly hedonistic way to spend my meditation session, and if that was a good thing or not. So I played around with it for about half an hour but since then I haven't tried it again.

But using some of your tips I might give it another go. I remember it was difficult to maintain consistently, I'd find that these waves would be accompanied by some of my muscles starting to clench up and my breathing becoming strained and uneven (somewhat like what happens during a real orgasm) and the more intense the wave of pleasure was the more strain I would experience, so I was definitely experiencing the "tension/contraction" you mentioned. Eliminating that would likely be the biggest challenge for me.

Seems like a good general exercise. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@eggopm3@eggopm3 The bottom line is: does it make you feel lasting happiness? Healing dysfunctions in chakras could free your consciousness more than say witnessing-meditation. Also when our energy isn't clogged up in the lower chakras it raises and the more you get into your 3rd eye chakra the more present you become. That's the yogic path.

I think the contractions you were feeling is the reason it felt hedonic. Contraction creates duality and it's hedonic to become addicted to a side of the duality. The trick is to let go deeper into the pleasure and, as you said, dissolve the contractions.

I updated the instructions slightly:

14 hours ago, martins name said:

This should make you feel tranquil. Just like an orgasm there shouldn't be any struggling, the relaxation should be complete. Dissolve yourself in it. Don't contract yourself into it.

14 hours ago, martins name said:

Don't make the energy flow out through the penis like it does during ejaculation.

Any struggle shows subtle psychological dysfunction that you will be so much freer without. It's so worth it.

Let me know if it's not working after experimenting with the alterations.

I'd love to hear how the technique goes from anyone who try it. How intense is it? How does it impact your sexual drive? I only know that it works wonders for me and I've done quite a bit of energy work, so i wonder how it works for someone who hasn't.

13 hours ago, martins name said:

I'd love to hear how the technique goes from anyone who try it. How intense is it? How does it impact your sexual drive? I only know that it works wonders for me and I've done quite a bit of energy work, so i wonder how it works for someone who hasn't.

I will try it today and post my experiences. Seems like a great technique, thank you for sharing it :)

Sometimes the only thing you have to doubt is your own common sense