Sam Barker

How/where would you suggest starting with yoga?

28 posts in this topic

So since there is no me and video game ends "to experience life” which completelly  ends. What is the point of phenomena really anymore .Highest expression of Love would be Mahasamadhi. 

Controversial But it is true.

Edited by zeroISinfinity

1 hour ago, zeroISinfinity said:

May I vibrate as black thing since I don't believe in this anymore?

Already are.......................................................and there is the thought “black thing”. 

That’s “your condition”. X, Y, or Z “ain’t black thing”. 

But indeed “it” is this, and in deed this is realized. 

Maybe call it white thing for a while. 

And sing away. :) 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Sam Barker I would recommend learning yoga from teachers from Isha foundation. They have teachers around the world so it's not hard to find them. That is if you are interested in hatha yoga. I have been doing their practices for about two years now almost every day and I am really satisfied with the results. I feel really fit in my daily life. That is if I am doing the practices consistently. If I miss out for about a few days the difference in my wellbeing is noticeable. 

I would recommend learning from experienced teachers that will teach you a whole set you can practice. I would avoid attending weekly classes of yoga since it's too expensive in the long run and they don't really teach you sets you can practice alone so you keep coming back. It is also very limiting timewise.

I would also recommend learning from a teacher rather than from YouTube. When you are copying someone and you make mistakes (believe me you will make mistakes) there will be no one to correct you. This can have detrimental effects on your health in its extremes. You can really mess up your back and neck from bad yoga practice. Quality of the teaching is very important and I don't think it is advisable to try to figure it out by your self. 

Before hatha yoga I tried doing kriya yoga but I couldn't really do it consistently since you use only your mind and don't move at all so you won't get fit. I have a very passive life already so I could feel the practices weren't really healthy for me physically. Now after a few years I am staring out with kriya yoga again along with hatha yoga and I don't have many problems with it so far. It is much easier when the body is in shape thanks to hatha yoga.

So if you are picking up on yoga to create well-being I would really recommend hatha yoga first from teachers that learned it from masters and not from fitness studio workshops so that it is as original as it can get. But that is my humble opinion. You might find some other way that suits you. 

EDIT: I wanted to add a link to all teachers from Isha. Sorry if it seems like an ad I just have a good experience with them (well only one of them, I didn't really need to find anyone else) and I consider Sadghuru as a good source of original Hatha yoga. 

https://www.ishayoga.org/hata/teachertraining/teacher-finder/

Edited by Setty
Added link

@Nahm Haha thanks for the recommendation. I sing and play guitar actually! When I'm in the zone it does feel like an outer body experience

@Setty Yeah, it would be much more helpful having a teacher in person. Thanks for the information! I really appreciate it

@Sam Barker

Meh. Not convinced. I think you’re just noodlin, lookin for the true ‘yoga’, ‘barkin’, if you will. Matter of taste I suppose. 

Yoga can be a great distraction from your song, a problem no mind birds have not, chirping to you on the daily. 

@Nahm I'm not sure what you mean here. Could you expand? I have been noodling for a long time now, that is true... 

@Sam Barker

Dig deep into your creatorship-self. Express what has never before been expressed by you. Ime, this is more aligning & healing than typical yogas. 

Song writing is intrinsically emotional diving and understanding, inevitably emotional mastery. It teaches us focus, feeling, and ‘getting out of our own way’. It reveals creation-creator-creating, The One, expressing as the ones. Life / Creativity / Source, as compared to the thought  “my” creativity, etc. Yoga’s great, not knockin it. But Yoga means “unity”, and you got a direct line, if you will.