Lyubov

Is digital piracy "low conscious" ?

5 posts in this topic

Would you all consider digital piracy, downloading movies, movies, etc off the internet low conscious?  

1 hour ago, Lyubov said:

Would you all consider digital piracy, downloading movies, movies, etc off the internet low conscious?  

It literally is stealing and manipulation so yeah.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

1 hour ago, SamC said:

It literally is stealing and manipulation so yeah.

yeah you are right :\ it is stealing. guess that's the end of the thread...

Interesting question, because I'm someone from a third-world country, and I have grew up on internet piracy. Thinking back, I feel as though it could have been possible to live without the theft and my consciousness could have been fine, but still I have to admit that doing it helped me a lot in so many ways. On the other hand, of course, it didn't help the people whom I was stealing from, whom I very much empathised with. So, understandably. I'm really torn about this subject considering my history with it.

Being more conscious is not doing activities you label as "high consciousness". How do you feel when you steal software? Ignoring that feeling is "low consciousness" (literally not looking) but the action itself is just an action. 

Maybe you are like me and you don't feel so bad when getting photoshop off of pirate bay instead of paying hundreds of dollars for personal use. Maybe there's things to feel right now that matter more to you. Maybe there's no point in guilting yourself and it's just another excuse to feel bad about yourself. In the end only you can find out.