RiseAbove

Carl Hart - A new perspective on drug users

3 posts in this topic

I am making this thread to discuss JRE #1593 with Carl Hart, who is an expert on substances and substance usage.

For me it was an enlightening experience to hear an expert on the topic who is also a user. He is calm about talking about his experience and not hiding it, which is a real brave move from his side. I think with people like him we will have more compassion and understanding for drugs and drug users.

Hamilton Morris is another great dude who shines light on the misconceptions around drugs. This is a funny interview with Eric Andre:

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

One of my favorite podcasts so far. I share his perspective on almost everything but he should have gone deeper into what it means to be a grown up man. I think most people will interpret it as reaching a certain age but there is much more to it.

What really hit me was when he talked about coming out of the closet.. He is so right about that and now I want to go further into this direction in my own life. Most drugs people know about I have tried and in my experience the most damaging ones are alcohol and tobacco and still this stuff is praised like it's holy (at least in germany).

In a way he remands me of timothy leary just more realistic.