Pharaoh

"how You Lie" Video + Question For Leo

7 posts in this topic

I just watched Leo's video about lying, manipulation and self deception. I found it to be very eye opening and what he proposes in this video is very foundational for doing any sort of personal development/self-actualization and/or enlightenment work, If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend you watch it, especially if you're feeling stuck in your own development, like myself. If only they held Liars Anonymous meetings... I'd force myself to be there every single day :|.

I also have a question for Leo. How many people do you think you're legitimately helping grow and develop through your videos and website? I ask this not as a critic because I admire much of your work, but more so to gauge your perspective on the efficacy of what you do. Personal development may be the single most difficult thing that there is to be dedicated to as a human being, so one may assume that for many people your work may not translate into significant results in their lives. 

Edited by Pharaoh
mispelling

I dunno.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Pharaoh I think his work translates to the people that need to hear it. Perhaps depending on your view, personal development is that hardest thing to be committed to, but for me it is pure passion. It is my way of life, literally feels like if I could describe me in one way it'd be that. 

His videos have rapidly changed my life. He was able to build this huge community online so I'd say he is impacting thousands of people. 

It is like saying that mc donald is a good foodchain because they have lots of consumers.

Quality doesn't always involve quantity, it all depends on how you perceive the message in this case.

The way Leo talks and do his video is very different than the norm, it can't appeal to a large audience because he doesn't treat you like a child, he literally tells you to stop wasting your life and/or be stupid in most video (it's not always being said that clearly though).

I get that's not how you think, you think that other people can't believe Leo's teachings are worth it because he isn't a rockstar with millions of view.

If you have some people who thinks that way, and they see you grow, and they still don't think Leo's video can't help them, well, you can't help them.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

the best thing about discovering actualized.org(Leo) is being able to step outside yourself and observe before you react (if you can catch yourself soon enough.)

@Leo Gura Thank you for being straightforward. 

@Sarah Marie I think you're right about perspective. Some people will naturally feel drawn to material like Leo's and really benefit from it, others will see it and not know what to do with it, and the majority won't even seek it out at all. I just wanted to gain his perspective on it out of curiousity.  

I guess the challenge is translating what he says into consistent action, something I have struggled with in the past. I find it interesting how Leo sometimes talks about how many people who watch his videos will "fall back asleep" or won't take the action he's calling for.

But anyway, I'm glad you're passionate about personal development! I'm sure that passion has led to a significant impact in your life. 

@Shin I agree with you when you say quality does not involve quantity. However, I don't appreciate when you assume that you know how I'm thinking.

Leo's content will appeal to whom it will appeal to. I would venture to say that a significant proportion of them would take what he says and actually apply it to their lives. However, inevitably some number of people people who watch won't make the translation from concept to action, or even attempt to do so. This has nothing to do with other people not thinking his teachings are worth it because he doesn't have millions of views on most of his videos.

My question was simply out of curiousity to see whether or not he could give me his perspective of the efficacy of his work. In retrospect I could have worded the question to avoid asking for a statistic.

@johncakecream I would say that I derive the same benefit. Maybe I'm not giving myself enough credit.

Edited by Pharaoh

@Pharaoh I might have more of Leo's perspective because I have been to the same school as he, the falling back asleep has been something I've feared of myself. I'm assuming that he mentions that frequently because in order to fully wake up and stay awake I believe you have to have a shift or "aha" moment big enough for you to see. Leo's videos give you glimpses of "Aha".