Rayster

About Second coming of Christ and how to deal with people

6 posts in this topic

I have 2 aunts that keeps pushing me about this stuffs every time I visit them. I am close with their children and at some point, this becomes a hindrance during our dinner because I don't like talking stuffs like this, I just nod with the conversation so that we can move on other things. Of course their children are also controlled by their church every Sunday.

How do you deal with Christians in your circle of family and friends when they talk stuffs like this? I know Bible has its own merits and truths, but like everyone else here on the forum, I don't like looking at only one source. What is your grounded interpretation about 'Second Coming of Christ?'

Thanks

Why do you have to "deal with that"?

If he believes that it is ok, just hear him and respect his opinion. You can't get everyone to think like you, it's impossible.

I don´t reccomend to debate with anybody (specially women). Only in the specific case that that person has a very open mind. Otherwise this leads to confrontation and if you are in a social situation your goal is connect and be chill with people.

Edited by RedLine

To me the second coming of christ is a renaissance of christ nature. Becoming as a little child once again, with the maturity of an adult. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

I always thought the Second Coming of Christ was to do with the day of judgment, which is stuff from Revelations, and not really about the words and deeds of Christ as described in the Gospels. It seems to me that this kind of apocalyptic thinking is what a lot of Christian cults are based around, and so I am very wary of it. 
When I engage in this kind of discussion I generally try to steer the conversation towards talk about the bible’s historical accuracy, which is a field I have done some research on. Christianity VS serious science is a discussion that christianity usually loses, especially when young people get taught science in schools. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

14 hours ago, Rayster said:

How do you deal with Christians in your circle of family and friends when they talk stuffs like this?

I don't have many people I know who are that religious. But usually a nodding head and a "uh huh, sounds great" works well xD.

14 hours ago, Rayster said:

What is your grounded interpretation about 'Second Coming of Christ?'

I personally interpret it as awakening. The Christ consciousness of Oneness returning to the world.

On 1/9/2021 at 6:58 PM, RedLine said:

Why do you have to "deal with that"?

If he believes that it is ok, just hear him and respect his opinion. You can't get everyone to think like you, it's impossible.

I don´t reccomend to debate with anybody (specially women). Only in the specific case that that person has a very open mind. Otherwise this leads to confrontation and if you are in a social situation your goal is connect and be chill with people.

Yeah, it was my aunt that's why I don't really like expanding the topic. I think I was brought up to handle every situation that's why I am asking for some advices. I believe I need to develop a skill to talk people out through about their own beliefs and such.

On 1/9/2021 at 8:32 PM, seeking_brilliance said:

To me the second coming of christ is a renaissance of christ nature. Becoming as a little child once again, with the maturity of an adult. 

Thanks for sharing!

22 hours ago, Bodhitree said:

I always thought the Second Coming of Christ was to do with the day of judgment, which is stuff from Revelations, and not really about the words and deeds of Christ as described in the Gospels. It seems to me that this kind of apocalyptic thinking is what a lot of Christian cults are based around, and so I am very wary of it. 
When I engage in this kind of discussion I generally try to steer the conversation towards talk about the bible’s historical accuracy, which is a field I have done some research on. Christianity VS serious science is a discussion that christianity usually loses, especially when young people get taught science in schools. 

I know someone from the office before giving me some isoteric stuffs about the Bible's accuracy and the pages that was torn out. I have this idea, but it's not really well-built fact while my relative has a solid foundation on their conviction so it felt like it's one of the discussion that I have a small chance of a debate.

19 hours ago, aurum said:

I don't have many people I know who are that religious. But usually a nodding head and a "uh huh, sounds great" works well xD.

I personally interpret it as awakening. The Christ consciousness of Oneness returning to the world.

Yeah, I have similar notions as well. Thanks!