Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
traveler

The Kybalion

12 posts in this topic

“Death is not real, even in the Relative sense — it is but Birth to a new life — and You shall go on, and on, and on, to higher and still higher planes of life, for aeons upon aeons of time. The Universe is your home, and you shall explore its farthest recesses before the end of Time.”

“Oh, friends, to mortals this Universe of Mentality is very real indeed — it is the only one we can ever know, though we rise from plane to plane, higher and higher in it. To know it otherwise, by actual experience, we must be THE ALL itself. It is true that the higher we rise in the scale — the nearer to "the mind of the Father" we reach — the more apparent becomes the illusory nature of finite things, but not until THE ALL finally withdraws us into itself does the vision actually vanish.”

“This is the Paradox of the Universe, resulting from the Principle of Polarity which manifests when THE ALL begins to Create — hearken to it for it points the difference between half-wisdom and wisdom. While to THE INFINITE ALL, the Universe, its Laws, its Powers, its Life, its Phenomena, are as things witnessed in the state of Meditation or Dream; yet to all that is Finite, the Universe must be treated as Real, and life, and action, and thought, must be based thereupon, accordingly, although with an ever understanding of the Higher Truth. Each according to its own Plane and Laws. Were THE ALL to imagine that the Universe were indeed Reality, then woe to the Universe, for there would be then no escape from lower to higher, divineward — then would the Universe become a fixity and progress would become impossible. And if Man, owing to half-wisdom, acts and lives and thinks of the Universe as merely a dream (akin to his own finite dreams) then indeed does it so become for him, and like a sleep-walker he stumbles ever around and around in a circle, making no progress, and being forced into an awakening at last by his falling bruised and bleeding over the Natural Laws which he ignored. Keep your mind ever on the Star, but let your eyes watch over your footsteps, lest you fall into the mire by reason of your upward gaze. Remember the Divine Paradox, that while the Universe IS NOT, still IT IS. Remember ever the Two Poles of Truth — the Absolute and the Relative. Beware of half-Truths.”

“So, do not feel insecure or afraid — we are all HELD FIRMLY IN THE INFINITE MIND OF THE ALL, and there is naught to hurt us or for us to fear. There is no Power outside of THE ALL to affect us. So we may rest calm and secure. There is a world of comfort and security in this realization when once attained. Then "calm and peaceful do we sleep, rocked in the Cradle of the Deep" — resting safely on the bosom of the Ocean of Infinite Mind, which is THE ALL. In THE ALL, indeed, do "we live and move and have our being.”

Edited by traveler

4 hours ago, traveler said:

the end of Time.

No such thing. If you contemplate for a while, I think you’ll realise this as well.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

11 hours ago, How to be wise said:

No such thing. If you contemplate for a while, I think you’ll realise this as well.

Read the quote below that one.

It's wonderful and simultaneously lacks any meaning value or purpose whatsoever. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

It's wonderful and simultaneously lacks any meaning value or purpose whatsoever. ❤

Beware of half-truths! That is a true statement on behalf of THE ALL/The absolute, but while you're in the body in the infinite's finite dream there is laws, and polarity (meaninglessness and meaning, purposelessness and purpose, value and disregard). 

"Keep your mind ever on the Star, but let your eyes watch over your footsteps, lest you fall into the mire by reason of your upward gaze."

Beware of what the half-truth fairy.

There's no such thing as half truth because there isn't a whole truth.

Truth is a man-made concept of the mind. There's just what is.

Nothing matters in any way at all.

You could spend the rest of your life sitting on the couch eating cookies and watching p*** or become the president of the United States... it does not matter in any way at all.

The only thing that places meaning purpose and value on anything is a conditioned thought.

The thoughts place an illusory overlay on top of reality and operate from that perception. ❤

Edited by VeganAwake

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

You could spend the rest of your life sitting on the couch eating cookies and watching p*** or become the president of the United States... it does not matter in any way at all.

The only thing that places meaning purpose and value on anything is a conditioned thought.

The thoughts place an illusory overlay on top of reality and operate from that perception. ❤

How has this worked out for you? How is the quality of your life? You don't need to respond here, but it would be helpful to self-reflect on the answers you would be willing to give. Why would I answer in this way? Are there things I am not willing to look at? Am I hiding from things?

5 minutes ago, Visionary said:

How has this worked out for you? How is the quality of your life? You don't need to respond here, but it would be helpful to self-reflect on the answers you would be willing to give. Why would I answer in this way? Are there things I am not willing to look at? Am I hiding from things?

Well It's not something you really apply to life, its a recognition. 

It's Liberation but for No One ❤

12 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

It's just seemingly important for me to point out that the "neo-advaita" way of thinking can replace your old paradigm with a new "awakened" paradigm. If you apply the nothing matters paradigm in your day to day life you might find that it isn't suitable for your relationships, goals and other stuff. Maybe it is suitable, what do I know. What I meant with half truth is getting stuck at viewing things in a certain kind of way, when really, reality is not in any way at all. 

I know what you might think, you might think that I don't get it or that I'm still yet to wake up or something, maybe your right, but what I'm saying is to remember that "normal" life is BOTH real and unreal, to give the real the space to have meaning, purpose and value and to know still that it really doesn’t. 

Edited by traveler

36 minutes ago, traveler said:

It's just seemingly important for me to point out that the "neo-advaita" way of thinking can replace your old paradigm with a new "awakened" paradigm. If you apply the nothing matters paradigm in your day to day life you might find that it isn't suitable for your relationships, goals and other stuff. Maybe it is suitable, what do I know. What I meant with half truth is getting stuck at viewing things in a certain kind of way, when really, reality is not in any way at all. 

I know what you might think, you might think that I don't get it or that I'm still yet to wake up or something, maybe your right, but what I'm saying is to remember that "normal" life is BOTH real and unreal, to give the real the space to have meaning, purpose and value and to know still that it really doesn’t. 

I completely understand what you mean ❤

Yes it's a recognition.

Not a replacing of paradigms, a collapsing of paradigms due to the recognition that the only thing that believes in paradigms is a conditioned thought.

I'm in the US Navy and if I went to work talking about "nothing matters" I would probably end up with a mental health discharge.

Before Enlightenment chop wood carry water after Enlightenment chop wood carry water.

Before Enlightenment one must roll the boulder up the hill after Enlightenment one must still roll the boulder up the hill. What has changed?  The resistance to what is!

Heck, there can even be resistance, it's that free. But it's not someone apparently resisting, its resistance itself. Resistance and acceptance become equally meaningless.

On 9.1.2021 at 3:24 PM, VeganAwake said:

I completely understand what you mean ❤

Yes it's a recognition.

Not a replacing of paradigms, a collapsing of paradigms due to the recognition that the only thing that believes in paradigms is a conditioned thought.

I'm in the US Navy and if I went to work talking about "nothing matters" I would probably end up with a mental health discharge.

Before Enlightenment chop wood carry water after Enlightenment chop wood carry water.

Before Enlightenment one must roll the boulder up the hill after Enlightenment one must still roll the boulder up the hill. What has changed?  The resistance to what is!

Heck, there can even be resistance, it's that free. But it's not someone apparently resisting, its resistance itself. Resistance and acceptance become equally meaningless.

Yeah, I guess it could be described as an end of resistance/distance/seperation to what is. Nothing really changes, there is no higher point of view from where these words are written, they just unfold effortlessly as merely a part of what is apparently happening. Everything written from past experiences from insights and teachings does not resonate, because it is in opposition to reality's ever changing nature, words must unfold naturally without going through a filter of the "me," then it can resonate with something beyond the "me." 

4 hours ago, traveler said:

Yeah, I guess it could be described as an end of resistance/distance/seperation to what is. Nothing really changes, there is no higher point of view from where these words are written, they just unfold effortlessly as merely a part of what is apparently happening. Everything written from past experiences from insights and teachings does not resonate, because it is in opposition to reality's ever changing nature, words must unfold naturally without going through a filter of the "me," then it can resonate with something beyond the "me." 

Completeness and what's happening ?