Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egoeimai

storyofmylife

4 posts in this topic

The most effective way I've found to cure obsession is to stay busy. Find a life purpose and go after it. Do something you actually enjoy that takes you to different states of mind. It is extremely crucial that you experience different states of mind. Enjoy a snack, a walk, a conversation, do whatever you can to take your mind out of that state.

Otherwise, surrender & accept. Or in other words, embrace the past & release it.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Food obsessions, boy obsessions, perfection obsessions, learning obsessions, blogging obsessions, thinking obsessions, etc.

One could get more nuanced and look at what the obsession is.  What is my obsession and how is it working out?  Is it helping or stifling me, my peers, my goals, my awareness, etc.?

Some obsessions may lead to more healthy, creative things and in that case - can be super helpful.

Others may lead to unhealthy, toxic situations.  

It can be interesting to explore an obsession and give it some moments to see how it plays out, observe it, and then make change as needed.

Detach detach detach and detox. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.