Vision

Why does Leo stay in America?

84 posts in this topic

On 6.1.2021 at 8:54 PM, Leo Gura said:

It's both

The negative impact of OWN corruption is much higher than the profit driven actions of the entrepreneurs from reacher countries.

Leo, you don´t understand the psycology of the people living in 3rd world. They tend to see their poor country as a victim. "Make America great again" works everywhere perfectly (replace America with any country).

And if my country is not great, the guilty ones should be found and of course they are not from my country, because my people, my country is special, is great. The other reason, why the guilty ones are always outside is, that the frustration and helplessnes are looking for the way out. It is safer to have the way out outside of own borders, because the 3rd world is not only poor but also mostly governed by dictators.

You can live in 3rd world country and hate USA for your misery from the bottom of your heart and everybody will encourage you, nobody will inprison, hurt or threaten your survival. This way is simplier and safer than trying to change something in your country. BUT it won´t work.

The people need to take responsibility for their countries / for the societies in which they live.

Edited by Hulia

On 6.1.2021 at 7:47 PM, Hello from Russia said:

@Hulia Dude, are you serious?

Oh please..  Aren´t you from Russia? Aren´t you sick of all the propaganda about wickid Western World?  

@Hulia

Over my lifetime I have seen a change somewhat in how people are regarding those leaving their own country for more money, when their own country needs them. If its purely a financial gain, more people will call them out for not helping back home. So there has been a change toward more self responsibility, but of course its not just financial for a lot of people, its safety, or comfort, ideology etc.

I will say with less certainty, we still like to blame others for our own problems, especially when we can't or haven't been able to fix them, but even that is on decline. 

More generally and this is where Leo and I disagree on the nature of reality.

The fact the more successful someone becomes in life, the harder it is to help others, is a huge fundamental flaw in society. Also why part of it needs to be restructured. Success isn't always adding value collectively, so its making life worse when it isn't. A zealous or rigid capitalist will argue you can't grow a business without adding value, but is that really true, do you believe that? It could just be you are undercutting someone, using cheap materials that are going to last 1 year instead of two, overselling, manipulating markets, using cheap labor or making people work harder than they can sustain, which causes its own issues for example. I mean we are at the stage now robots are being considered instead of people, because people have been forced to act like robots to keep growth sustained, which if you could step back and look at it objectively, is madness. The value of someone can't just be how much profit they can process in a certain amount of time. - I think this is the blessing of AI, as it will force people to see that.

On the other side, i've heard it said if you can't give 1 pound out of ten, you won't give a ten thousand out of a hundred, but its precisely what is needed as you grow. So however poor you are now, give that single pound or dollar out of ten, and you can understand a bit of what someone with more money gives. Yes its a lot, and its always going to be a lot of what you have to a total stranger. I have sympathy that its especially hard when it means you eat less, as opposed to get a second house but its a good litmus test of whether you can walk the walk as was mentioned.