Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ADVAIT

Why is Brexit bad?

42 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

desiring that the UK needs to remain in the EU just for security sake

We are still in NATO, Interpol, and I'm sure the intelligence agencies will keep in touch. I agree with the rest of your post though. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

18 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Also, by some users' logic here, the man above that decides to leave his country and live in a different country, is a coward. Why? Because other users on a different thread called such people cowards below: 

and I'll tell you that cowardice is relative, because we don't know and have a universal standard for cowardice.

Is the contractor, hired to work for 1-2 years in a different country, living in that time period of 1-2 years, a coward in his home country?

Is the immigrant that's seeking asylum, or is migrating for a better working life, leaving his/her home country, a coward?

Is the person on vacation for a week-a month, on a foreign country, a coward?

Is the person whose doing a retreat/solo retreat for a week, a few weeks or a month, a coward?

Is the person whose a permanent staff, who refuses to take a vacation, or to live on a different country, a coward?

I don't know what will happen to the UK, post-Brexit for 5-10 years give or take, but I will say that I don't have enough information to assume that the UK will bankrupt itself and go down a spiral, or that the UK will be much better off being more independent as a sovereign nation onto itdself, with a different trade deal between it and the EU.

I will certainly say that I'm aware of how and when my ego projects it's fear and insecurities around this socio-political shift, desiring that the UK needs to remain in the EU just for security sake, and desiring that the UK should be more independent, and establish new trade deals with other countries that is between the UK and those other countries, and not have the EU act as a middle-man between the new trade deals. 

I dont know what you mean by people calling those that leave a country cowards, i dont think anyone has said that on this thread. You could argue some, that leave are selfish if theyre trying to do it specifically to avoid tax but thats a different argument. 

To me this thing is simple, we dont know whats going to happen in the future regarding anything, so all you can do is make the best decision at the time. Regarding brexit, can we say the best decision was made? Definitely not, there is no economist or any other expert you could find who would say it was a good decision. So its like saying Im going to decide to eat junk food as a way to help my diabetes, no doctor or expert will agree its the right choice but you can always say, 'well who knows what will happen'. 

The fact that the main reason why people voted was immigration which ive pointed out doesnt even really make sense in terms of Brexit being able to sort that out, should tell you that even if the UK is fine after brexit the people were manipulated into voting for something that will most likely be against their best interests, (according to economists).