AlldayLoop

Who's Into Aromatherapy?

7 posts in this topic

I recently read that lavender can be helpful for people with anxiety and can help with sleep. So I bought a diffuser and 100% pure lavender oil online. Anybody else into aromatherapy? 

I'm still doing the research but I'm quite interested.

I wonder whether it can create addictions or not / also how often it should be taken and whether you should inhale/ingest/ expose on the skin and so on.

It seems like a very complicated subject with no reliable data.

Yes, totally into it!... Lavender is amazing... you can see proof of it's effectiveness by putting a drop on a fussy baby's pyjamas!... lol...I use mint oil for headaches etch... some really strong oils need to be diluted before applying to skin, but most are fine....and there are a few to avoid in the diffuser... but overall they are quite safe... if you have allergies, floral etch... avoid those oils.... and only use quality, pure, natural products...I like the NOW brand.... you can place a couple of drops in a water mister too... if you can't afford oils, holding a cup of steeping herbal tea is also lovely!

@Epiphany_Inspired Do you think that if I use lavender oil every night, I will gain a tolerance to it? For example, you can gain a tolerance to caffeine and eventually would need more caffeine to gain the same initial effect on alertness. 

@AlldayLoop I don't know definitively, but I would assume that is possible if you are using it for sedation. You could try three different calming oils and rotate them every few days...that said, I've been using peppermint oil for my headaches for decades with no tolerance issues, tea tree oil is always anti-bacterial regardless of how often it's used, etc...

Edited by Epiphany_Inspired

The smell of palo santo makes me feel very spiritual, as if I could remember "who I really am"

I got a Burmese product which has a very potent purifying smell. It helps a lot to deepen my breath.

I think that aromatherapy works the most when we're not overstimulated; that is, a palo santo would make me feel so connected if I had watched a 6-hour marathon of a TV show, then overate a bunch of greasy food, and then jerked off twice. But even in a case like this, it would help. After all, at some point we have to get back on track, right?

Ah man.  Aromatherapy works!  Smell is one of the oldest and most profound of our senses.  Things without eyes have smell, so smell is very deeply wired in us.  The smell of fresh alpine air is great.  The smell of rosemary.  The smell of fresh linen.  Takes me back to the womb of childhood.  The smell of incense.  The smell of Muslim scent oil.  It's a religious scent you'll often smell in a Mosque.  It's awesome.

Edited by Joseph Maynor