Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lyubov

Keeping promises to oneself

6 posts in this topic

I keep trying to get back into the gym and work on my art projects. I draw up a 30 day challenge but after the first week I start missing days and it becomes demoralizing. I've been through periods where I was super disciplined and saw a project to it's end. I'm having a hard time currently though getting back into a disciplined mindset without tension coming up. How do you all keep promises to yourself and work through the emotions that come up? I've never had it this hard before being disciplined. 

It's normal to miss out on some days.

Forgive yourself and get back to what you want to do.

the first thing is that if you're in limbo or ending as mentioned in the video, embrace the "yin" stage you are at. but if you're at starting or middle phase, then i would suggest what is called 100% commitment:

good luck 

Edited by March

11 hours ago, Lyubov said:

I keep trying to get back into the gym and work on my art projects

Why don't you get a workout buddy? Once this gets on track, the discipline in the art projects will follow. 

Also, start your day with watching some motivating videos like that of Arnold Schwarzenegger's, and while you are still feeling motivated, go and work out. 

Edited by xxxx

I'm going to rest till Christmas then start writing my year in review that I've done for the last few years and then update my life vision. Plan is to go into 2021 with a few things to focus on and start building discipline again. I've had a ton of spiritual insights and raised my consciousness a tremendous amount since I've fallen out of being disciplined but I desire being disciplined again to create some incredible experiences in my life that won't simply come to me during my usual routine. 

Edited by Lyubov