SS10

Becoming a Better Speaker/Debater

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I am very good at formulating my ideas through writing but I'm struggling to translate this into the spoken word?

Do you have any books/tips/recommendations on how to improve this?

Find ways to practice even if you just make recordings or videos. In my experience it takes time to warm up to getting into the flow of speaking, like 10 or 15 minutes. This is normal in the flow of everyday conversation. My point is, do not judge your speaking abilities too quickly. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Public Speaking

Toastmasters

Professional courses

online courses

sending videos to people in groups that you're interested in on insights or howtos, etc.

Debating

Debating groups in university or high school if you're still there.

debating on forums like the skeptic forum or this one or other forums where its about getting to the bottom of an issue like facebook groups around political issues.

Join political movements and campaigns. If you're in a western country, try lobbying government or get involved in a group that does - this is really powerful.

@SS10 debate with yorself. 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.