Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alea

What Are Your Healthy Habbits/hobbies?

15 posts in this topic

I run out of energy the end of the day, and just like everyone else, I encounter some problems in my daily life - problems at work, on the street, or with colleagues; we have many potential sources of stress in modern life. And sometimes I give up; I lose my self-control and do exactly the opposite of what I should. I start to eat garbage junk food, spend time on the Internet, check the news, etc. And finally I feel guilty. These issues are dragging my life down.

For this reason, I realized that I need a break. In order to refresh my body, I need some fun and some joy. But I don’t know how I can make better use of my leisure time. Sometimes I feel really fed up with “plans” and think that I don’t want to plan out all my leisure activities. We should also have unplanned random activities to enjoy ourselves (goalless activity).

I observed that leaders in society never work too much and in fact, some of them are really lazy. They save up their energy and use it only when needed. So, they are always fresh to fight. They are more emotional, more spontaneous, and usually more relaxed. But a neurotic is always in panic and he/she is always out of energy, exhausted and depressed.

I think my motivation is not neurotic form of motivation, it is healthy, authentic motivation.

What is your suggestions for free time?

Meditation is a great habit to create!

Reading 10 pages of a life changing book every day - A successful self help author recommends this in one of his books.

Listen to 20 minutes of a life changing audiobook every day

Write a 5 things which you're grateful for every day

Watch an actualized.org video every day.

Exercise - weights and cardio

Eat heatlhy

Edited by Lawrence

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep" - The Internet

Become more aware of your body through mindful movement. Do bodyweight strength exercises, stretching, yoga or 'coordination exercises' like a handstand, cartwheel or locomotion. Have fun with your body. Enjoy the process of exercising rather than going after goals.

resources and examples for bodyweight movement:

Perhaps you should ponder whether that which you do is as important as you consider such to be. A great advice is: "only commit the necessary and forsake the non-essentials."

Of course you may understand just how futile your [ast actions are and boil your idea of that which is essential down to something of use like wisdom, efficiency, beneficiality, and effectiveness. 

... I became aware of all of the aforementioned and more by applying the principles stated in the original translations of the Bible.

Thank you for the replies. I do exercise, read books and listen to Leo. And, I am not ready for meditaion and I don't think to meditate.

I meant, what are you doing after exercise? You are tired, and you want to relax. 

Anyway, I think I watch some tv, play computer games etc. We also need entertainment.. 

Edited by alea

5 hours ago, alea said:

And, I am not ready for meditaion and I don't think to meditate.

You might not be ready to meditate for 1 hour a day, but you are certainly ready to do nothing for 5 minutes. Please just try it.

5 hours ago, alea said:

I meant, what are you doing after exercise? You are tired, and you want to relax. 

Cooking, eating, watching informative videos, reading...

5 hours ago, alea said:

Anyway, I think I watch some tv, play computer games etc. We also need entertainment.. 

I'd rather watch some informative and entertaining videos like documentaries. Through those you can at least learn something. What about watching documentaries about controversial topics to train your open-mindedness?

Thanks quantum. I am not in favour of meditation. If cooking, cleaning, washing dishes, listening to music etc. are a kind of meditation, I meditate. That's all.

I usually would rather watch informative videos like documentaries, some important movies (like oscar nominates in 2015) or some series. 

Here is a simple but effective healthy habit. Clean hands, yes i clean my hands often and use a hand sanitizer.

58 minutes ago, ludhiyaparker said:

Here is a simple but effective healthy habit. Clean hands, yes i clean my hands often and use a hand sanitizer.

Thanks for sharing!

I bet no one thought about this =) 

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

@alea  I was very much similar to your situation i use to have lots of free time and would watch TV, play console games. 

But since i've started my positive routine it has helped me transform my mindset and perception on life. I rarely watch television especially not the news as it is very important what we feed our minds. 

Meditation helps calm my mind but if you choose not to do that then try to find something else that keeps you happy. 

:) as long your happy that's the main thing.

On 9/25/2016 at 4:53 PM, Lawrence said:

Meditation is a great habit to create!

Reading 10 pages of a life changing book every day - A successful self help author recommends this in one of his books.

Listen to 20 minutes of a life changing audiobook every day

Write a 5 things which you're grateful for every day

Watch an actualized.org video every day.

Exercise - weights and cardio

Eat heatlhy

And when you have time for work/ job ? Don't you need money to sustain life ? pay bils, etc.

3 hours ago, Cossta said:

And when you have time for work/ job ? Don't you need money to sustain life ? pay bils, etc.

That's only like 2 hours in that, so there's still plenty of time to do that.

On 05.10.2016 at 2:27 PM, smilesee said:

Reading.

Some dictionaries are weighed like good kettlebells at the gym :P