GroovyGuru

Sudden feeling of gratitude brought me to tears

5 posts in this topic

I wanted to share something with you that just happened.

Recently I have decided to try to practice more gratitude and think of things to be grateful for more often because typically I take all the wonderful things I have in my life for granted as I'm sure most people do too.

Earlier tonight, I finished eating some fruit in my kitchen and went back up to my room to read and journal. As soon as I entered my room, I felt this amazing feeling of gratitude that I so rarely ever feel. I looked around at my beautiful queen sized bed, my in-home office setup and fancy monitors, my enormous closet of nice clothes and abundance of shoes. I looked at all the books piled on my book shelf which have helped formulate the person I am today. I looked at my guitar, my television, my Xbox and other things that provide me with entertainment and pleasure.

I instantly thought of my immigrant father and felt so much appreciation for the comfortable life he was able to build for me and my younger brother. My father is nothing close to wealthy or financially educated, but he has worked so hard over the years to provide me with absolutely everything I could ever desire. I left my room and went downstairs where he was taking a nap on the couch and just bent over and gave him a long hug (something I never do as I'm usually emotionally stiff around him). I went back upstairs into my parents bedroom and just hugged my mom (who had just came home with new comfy clothes she bought us from Costco) for probably 2 straight minutes. When I went back into my room I couldn't help but cry a little bit. 

I really enjoyed this feeling of gratitude. It's so easy to get caught up in day-to-day things and completely forget how easy you have it relative to the majority of the rest of the world. I think we should all try to make deliberate practice of taking time to remember what we have to be grateful for, and to also take time to really show your parents appreciation if they are still around. This has now become a new goal for me. To hug my dad more, be more patient with my mom, and to make sure they both always know that I love and appreciate them for what they do for my brother and I.

LOVE this :x

Everyone knows gratitude in theory but practicing it regularly is so so key! Every one of us is blessed in endless ways :D??

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

Wow...

I can really feel it from just your writing.

Now I'M getting emotional ? 

It's Love.